We stayed at The Barn for two nights before Christmas and wished we could stay longer! We chose The Barn based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. It was a great start to our holiday and a perfect stop over on our way from Melbourne to Beachport.
We found the staff very friendly and helpful, in fact they called us on the day were were due to arrive to see if we wanted to eat at the steakhouse as it was getting booked out. We did, and we were so impressed we went back the second night and ate there again.
The room was so lovely to relax in with every creature comfort. We also enjoyed strolling around the grounds enjoying the many aspects of the property. Breakfast was also delicious (I could eat that bircher museli every day!)
One tip - you need a car as The Barn is a fair way out of town. We loved the location as it was so peaceful but it may not suit everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to the idyllic Barn Accommodation, where chic, elegantly appointed havens are set amongst expansive landscaped gardens and a lush rural setting….. Offering fresh country air in abundance, The Barn is nestled amongst expansive and tranquil landscaped gardens boasting historic ornamental trees, yet is only 5 minutes from the centre of Mount Gambier. Enjoy a pleasant stroll or a more challenging hike. A hit of tennis on our full size court might be more your style, followed by a soak in your private spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Barn Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Barn Hotel Mount Gambier
- Barn Accommodation Mount Gambier