“Favorite shop in the Mount” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 71 Restaurants in Mount Gambier
Cuisines: Australian
Mount Gambier, Australia
“Favorite shop in the Mount”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Plants on Sturt – Giftware and Cafe
For all who enjoy a nice coffee with a pleasant ambiance I would recommend Plants on Sturt (Sturt St.) in Mount Gambier.
This shop has a constantly changing array of giftware, currently a couple of nice items are cut glass pictures by a local artist and laser metal work from QLD.
All the food is cooked on the premises - try the Friands, ooo sooo yummy there’s savoury items as well for a light luncheon and the coffee is really nice my hubby likes to ask for a Janine Special -it has something to do with a hippy for its correct name which we keep forgetting. And for those of us who like a nice high thick old fashioned froth on the cappuccino, yes they can do that too in fact some days the girls try to outdo each other.
The girls are lovely and always ready for a little banter.
Eating can be had outside on the patio as well as inside, have a look at the photos we were in early before the rush started so managed to avoid the customers in the pics, hope you enjoy it as much as we do. We miss it when we go on holidays and constantly compare all others to it.
Brian & Veronica

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mount Gambier
“A surpising find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I never think to go to this place for a meal even though it's in my home town. This week I just happened to be nearby when I needed to find a lunch venue, so I went and really enjoyed it! The staff are really pleasant and there's a nice range of daily specials plus the usual sandwiches etc to choose from. I gather the cafe provides lunch platters for business lunches as well as we saw more than one person call by to collect them.
High quality tea comes uniquely presented and the standard of coffee is very good too. You can choose from some tempting cakes and scones to finish the meal.
Inside the cafe there are some craft items on display for sale, and at the back there is a small plant nursery. A nice little combination and well worth more visits.

• Visited November 2012