“Great spot!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Adelaide, Australia
“Great spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had dinner here on Sunday with four friends after a wine tour and could not have been happier. All of our meals were delicious! I had the vegetarian pasta option and it was amazing, very different to anything I'd had before. Service was great, staff were all very friendly and accommodating. Prices fairly reasonable, I thought, and especially if you have a voucher from the Entertainment book!
Only word of caution (if you're on a budget) is when you're first seated, the waiter will probably ask you if you'd like still or sparkling water to start. We asked for still thinking it would be free but it was actually a bottle of water which cost us $8. Not a big cost but I personally hate paying for water, so just ask for tap water or 'table water' and it won't cost you.
PS choose a table outside - the location and view is superb!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Service was very good and the food interesting and excellent. We shared entree and salad both small but good, My pasta dish could have been more tasty and needed some salt but the other lamb dish was very good. We finished with a shared dessert which was delicious. Well done Esca.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glenelg, Australia
“Mother's Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Who would think that food and service would be special on a busy day like this! But it was. A set menu done beautifully. Everyone at our table of 8 enjoyed their meal (esp my 90 yo mum) and the service was fantastic without being obtrusive.

This place is now one of my favs because it is consistent. Great location.

All in all, a lovely day!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Adelaide, Australia
“AMAZING COFFEE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Just love the coffee here! Have been a few times for coffee with my mum and am never disappointed.
Had some family over from interstate recently just prior to my wedding so we decided to go here for breakfast. We all had the eggs benedict, the eggs were poached perfectly and the hollandaise sauce was to die for. Will continue to head back!!

Visited December 2013
“Horrible ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We went as a group of around 8 for lunch.

It is easily the worse place I had visited. The staff were rude - it was just atrocious.

escarestaurant, Owner at Esca, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hello Mark!

This is not good at all to hear - and quite suprising! We pride ourselves on our friendly, humble and can-do attitude towards our guests. If this wasn't the case during your vist, I'd love to hear about it further, to make sure our team continues to perform to excellent standard.

Feel free to contact me via the restaurant contact details anytime if you wish to discuss further.

Warm regards,