“No what you expect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Motel

Bay Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenelg
Bay Motel
You added Bay Motel to your Saves list
58 Broadway, Glenelg, South Australia 5045, Australia   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Glenelg B&B and Inns
“No what you expect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I was a little sceptical booking this place with a drive through bottle shop and a hotel out the front staying with kids on my own. I was pleasantly surprised there was no noise from either of the establishments the room was basic but what more do you want when you have adelaide to explore. The rooms were cleaned every day to a high standard and I could not find a fault at all. The office staff were very friendly and nothing was a problem. I plan on staying here again in the future that is for sure. If your looking for the Hilton don't look here but if your looking for a bed to sleep in knowing it is cleaned and safe your on the money THE PRICE IS FANTASTIC

• Stayed February 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Canberra ACT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Bay Hotel/Motel is in an excellent location.10 mins to beach and 10 mins to Jetty Road Glenelg. The room is tired but had clean sheets & towels also parking is free. Several restaurants and supermarkets are nearby and the Bay has a bottle shop, bar and dining room.
We paid $100 night and knew the Bay is budget standard. Our room was on ground level and was very quiet until guests in the rooms above decided to prolong their social evening in their room.
Given the location and the price we would stay there again as was in Adelaide for a family visit.

Room Tip: Suggest a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Seppeltsfield, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Reasonable quality for the price, although room didn't look as it did in their brochure, those lush pot plants were nowhere to be seen.

Had to stand on the spa to adjust the air-conditioner, which needed a good clean, slats very dusty, I guess due to OH&S rules, the cleaners aren't allowed to stand on the spa to clean them, other than that, room was clean and tidy, plenty of soap and towels, but no shampoo or conditioner.

Wasn't too noisy, wasn't any guide as to how to get the in-house videos which their website stated was a room feature, in all honesty, I don't think they existed, the room did have a flat-screen digital tv, just needed the digital channels tuned in, no problem there.

If you appreciate your coffee, I suggest you byo, sachets provided were International Roast, there is an IGA supermarket less than 100m away. Toaster had crumbs in it, and alarm clock was 1970's, but wasn't a problem, could've used my mobile phone as an alarm clock had I needed one.

Fridge was very small, purchased a large bottle of wine from the bottle dept, but had to lay it down to be able to shut the fridge door, ample space for a larger bar fridge where the fridge was located.

Only real downside was one of the bar staff (all other employees were courteous and friendly) - I wanted to cash in my meagre winnings from the pokies that were at the establishment, the barmaid pretty much ignored me, and served everybody else, (even those who had come to the bar after I'd presented myself there, I think because they were nearer to her, and she didn't have to take three or four steps to serve me) before asking me whether I was right. Not a friendly "How may I help you" or anything like that, just "Are you right" Before replying, I had a deliberate, slow look around the room, and then said "I just want to cash my coins in, that is, unless there is anybody else you'd rather serve first". Got a look that would have made Hell freeze over, her attitude and lack of customer service skills were really the only downside of my short stay, and I would have rated service Very Good rather than Average.
Would recommend this place to anyone looking for budget priced reasonable accommodation.

Room Tip: Don't know, didn't get to compare my room to others
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

Very close to ADELAIDE airport (10 minutes by car). Room : old decoration, a little noisy, clean. We stayed only one night before leaving ADELAIDE.

Stayed September 2007

Been to Bay Motel? Share your experiences!