“Lovely seaside holiday accommodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seawall Apartments

You added Seawall Apartments to your Saves list
Seawall Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 - 25 South Esplanade | rear access Oldham Street, Glenelg, South Australia 5045, Australia   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Glenelg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Lovely seaside holiday accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We chose to stay out of the CBD for our 9 day break and we were not disappointed with our choice of accommodation. Seawall Apartments are relaxing units in a mix of older style buildings. Each unit is different and we chose the Chapel. We were warm, comfortable and only had to ask once for anything we needed. Morning walks along the seafront were lovely and the tram ride to the city is easy. We would happily chose Seawall again if we are ever lucky enough to return to Adelaide.

Room Tip: All units are different. The website is great for helping make the right choice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RachaelOsborne, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thanks ta13TApe - we are thrilled that you loved your recent stay with us - it is music to our ears!

Glad to hear that you found our brand new website easy to use. We have 22 quite different apartments - so many choices - so much variety! There is sure to be one that is perfect for you!

The Chapel is a wonderful apartment, whimsical and romantic but with all the mod-cons to ensure you are super comfortable!
Thanks for taking the time to post your review, we really appreciate it-
Rachael, Jayne and Sophie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed in a 2 bed room apartment called the "Old School" .

Excellent Seaview (less than 1min walk to the beach!).
The Apartments are actually adapted from a historic architecture/building.
High ceiling, refurbished with a full modern kitchen (oven,microwave, stove, fullsize fridge etc..), parquet flooring for living room ( huge living room with comfortable sofa, LCD TV, DVD player ) and hallway.. The two bed room comes with one huge master bedroom ( there is a huge SPA in the room !) and a smaller room with two single beds.
Less than 10mins walk to the Jetty road (shops and restaurants).
Free Parking and Wifi.
We are luckily enough to catch a glimpse of a rare Dolphin swimming along the beach (probably less than 500m away !)
Downside : no ensuite bathroom & TV in the master bedroom.

Overall great place to stay especially if you are travelling with family and friends!

Dear Quack1974,
Thanks for your charming review.
Seawall is a second generation family run hotel and we love making other families happy!
The School House is an awesome room with its grand proportions, beautiful chandeliers and ceiling roses and generous living areas; so very different to many cramped, cookie-cutter hotels.
I am glad you caught the Dolphins swimming past - they are actually there most days and the fabulous Temptation Sailing Dolphin Cruises guarantee sightings on their daily trips - it is well worth an early start to join one of their cruises next time you are in Glenelg.
We hope to see you and the family again soon,
Rachael & the Team
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

In front of Glenelg beach. My 18 month child loved running on the grass and sand and chasing seagulls by the beach. 10 mins walk to some restaurants and supermarket. We stayed at the Crows nest and did a lot of cooking. We were there in a rather warm Autumn. This was much better than the beach side hotels if you are trying to escape the city life.

Room Tip: Crow nest is on the second level with good privacy.
Thank you KhaiSutra.
I am really happy to hear that The Crow's Nest suited you so well. It is a charming bijou apartment - small and cozy but with everything you need.
We were so lucky to have such a mild autumn - how wonderful that your little one could enjoy running on the grass on the beachfront - great memories!
Hope to see you again next time,
gold coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed here quiet some time ago was a pleasant hotel . Location is excellent really close to all the cafes .rooms are tastefully done quirky , big shark out front of hotel that's good for a photo adds to character . Overall a pleasant experience .reception where also very helpful .

• Stayed June 2013
Seawall A, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear shannon77GoldCoast - phew, that's a long username!
Thanks for posting a review and for noting the tasteful decor of our rooms. We get a lot of positive feedback on our quirky, modern refurbishment of the historic buildings.
I am thinking that your stay must have been earlier than June 2013 as Percy, the Seawall Shark has been gone since February 2013. He was a lot of fun and as you note a great photo opportunity for our guest. He has retired to Port Lincoln if you are ever looking for him!
Thanks also for commenting on our lovely helpful staff; Jayne, Sophie and I are always happy to help in any way we can :)
Hope to see you again,
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I found this apartment while walking down Glenelg beach. Back then, I was looking for a place for my parents to stay while they were down visiting from Malaysia. I was fascinated by its earthy, historic architecture and although there were other places were that were much cheaper, I decided to really give my parents an experience they would not forget.

First, the GOOD.

We stayed in Apartment 3 for two days, and my parents adored the place. They loved how clean and beautiful the apartment was, and I thought the people at reception was very friendly. Although the stove top was not igniting and we were only given a barely-functioning lighter, we appreciated the free laundromat that we got to use. All in all, we couldn't fault our stay there for the first two days.

Then the bad. When it's bad, it's really bad!

Well, the parents returned home and I was so charmed by my stay there that I decided to extend another day. That was when I got a stinker of an experience! I invited my friend over for some lunch at my place. I wasn't sure where she should park, so I asked her to first park at the guest parking while I enquired at the office whether it was okay.

When I asked the receptionist the question, I was shocked and very taken aback when an older gentlemen said to me roughly, "No, no, no. Do you know the meaning no?" I was really shocked by his rudeness. I apologised for my mistake, and told him that I would ask my friend to remove her car immediately. What totally knocked my socks over was that he said that he was the owner of the place!!!

Annoyed at being treated like some kind of naughty schoolgirl, I told my friend to remove her car. She hastily did so, but to my shock, the owner actually walked over to her car and berated her while she was backing the car away!! I mean, seriously, we got the message. You didn't have to treat my friend like this. I was so embarrassed that my friend had to go through that - I thought to introduce her to a fabulous place to have a holiday and instead I think we both agree that we don't really want to return anymore. First, it was expensive, and second, if that's the treatment that we're going to get DESPITE paying that kind of money, why should we choose this place over others that have more value for money?

So yes, mixed experience. VERY mixed experience. I'm sorry to say that I'll probably not recommend this place. There are loads of more value-for-money places around Glenelg and I'm already scouting them out for my friends and family. The person in charge needs to improve his manners.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
RachaelOsborne, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Susan W,
Thank you for speaking directly to me on the phone about this matter, I appreciate your frank feedback and assure you it has been taken seriously.
Thanks for rating the room standard so highly and I am glad your parents loved their stay with us on the first 2 nights.
Kind regards,
Berri, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Have stayed at Seawall apartments before and will do again. Pleasant atmosphere , close to beach for pleasant walks and close to jetty road for shops and restaurants. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Quiet at night with pleasant sound of the sea.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Kevin S, it was just lovely to have you both back at Seawall again.

Thank you for choosing to return to us and for the giggles! I just loved your costume for the Gumeracha medieval fair - thank you so much for taking the time to show us - loved it!!

See you again soon when you next need a dose of the beach,
All the best,
Rachael, Jayne & Sophie
Adelaide Hills, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Having a family of five we often have difficulty finding suitable accomodation that appeals to not only us but also our three children. Seawall is a great place to stay, providing for all our needs for self contained living, laundry facilities, easy parking and beautiful views. We were fortunate enough to stay in two of their apartments and both were consistent in cleanliness and presentation. Staff were always helpful (even when we locked ourselves out at 11pm at night!!) A fantastic location with an easy walk to Jetty Road we really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend it to anyone. Thankyou

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your recent stay Kingclan5.
Five can be a tricky number when trying to find accommodation - we are lucky that we have a wide range of different rooms with flexible bedding configurations - we are sure to have something that is perfect for everyone.
No worries about the midnight rescue - my husband and I had a chuckle about the kids locking you out on the balcony!
Hope to see you again,
Rachael

Been to Seawall Apartments? Share your experiences!