“Grand is an Overstatement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Stamford Grand Adelaide

You added Stamford Grand Adelaide to your Saves list
Stamford Grand Adelaide
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Moseley Square, Glenelg, South Australia 5045, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Glenelg
Redlands,CA
“Grand is an Overstatement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

First off, the staff were quite accommodating, getting me to my room for an early checkin after a 15 hour flight, greatly appreciated. The hotel lobby was very nice but it did not translate to the rooms. The ambiance was "dorm like" complete with a tacky bulletin board next to the bed. The room looked it was furnished it from a tired Ikea. Overall, nice staff, good location but the rooms need a lot of work. Not worth the cost of admission.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with great service so I was pleased to learn you were generally happy with your experience and I agree that we do enjoy a great location. For your information we are in the planning stages of a room refurbishment with plans to commence works in the near future.
Once again thank you for your feedback and trust we can welcome you back to Stamford Grand again soon.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed there for business. Room was decent size had view of car park not ocean. Staff were friendly and always ready to assist. Ordered room service food was good and hot when received. The only problem I had was that the week I stayed there was a lot of door banging every morning and night. Hotel was booked out there was some uni games on. Buffet breakfast has a lot of variety. This is not a bad place to stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us.
Your comments are valued as they allow us to address aspects of our service or operation that may require attention. I am pleased to learn that you were happy with our service and our food. I regret that your stay may have been marred by the noise from a nearby guests part of a group. I do hope we have another opportunity to host you so that we can create a more memorable experience.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.

Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Apart from some difficulty in finding the way into the hotel we were very pleased with our stay. The Promenade Restaurant was excellent we ate there both evenings, the Special menu was good value. A great selection of wines. Breakfast was a bit pricey and the cooked breakfast was warm to cold, but the fruit platter and yogurt selection were worth a mention.. Staff were very helpful fetching more plates and glasses as required. The tram ran into central Adelaide from just outside the Hotel, the journey took about 20 minutes. We walked on the jetty at sunset which was fantastic, as was the view from our bedroom window. A good stay we would recommend this hotel if you are prepared to payt for five star accommodation

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Dear Guest
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service so your positive feedback regarding our staff was warmly received and has been shared with my team. We are proud of our wonderful location and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

From the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming and seemingly supportive. The foyer was lovely and inviting. We arrived at 2pm but didn't get our keys until 3.30pm. The staff did offer us a free soft drink while we waited - which we declined. We were so tired, we and our child just wanted to lie down. We were then given our keys to two rooms on the third floor - city view (or should that be carpark view rooms). Both rooms were small and dated. The first thing that hit us as we entered the rooms was that the windows (directly opposite the doors) were so filthy we could not see out. The bathrooms were obviously fitted for disabled use, i.e., a wheel chair could move straight into the shower and there was no bath in either room. The difficulty being we were travelling with a child (this was stated in our booking) under six who prefer baths to showers. The shower had mould all over the walls and floor. We bought bleach and thongs (flip flops to wear in the shower) so we could clean and then use the showers. We felt as we had pepaid as part of a flight+hotel package we were given any old rooms. When we asked if we could be moved we were told the hotel was busy for the entire week and there was no other available rooms. In room 301 the door of the cupboard over the bar fridge doesn't close properly and there is a hole in the bottom of the cupboard as you open the bar fridge door. There is a crack in the cupboard top where the television sits and the hook to hang clothes on in the bathroom is missing. As there was no action taken and nothing else we could do we made the best of the situation and found the people of Glenelg very welcoming and helpful to tourists.

The concierge, front desk and housekeeping staff were very helpful. Can't thank Andrew and George enough for the assistance they provided, i.e., directions and restaurant and day tour suggestions. Very kind and generous people.

We were disappointed in a hotel which looked so promising from photos and outside and even lobby, in a fantastic location but which really needs to be brought up to scratch. To us it was a poor 3 star hotel at best. I hope the owners take note that they have the potential to have a fabulous hotel with some investment. They already have a great staff.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor - maybe the rooms get better as the floors are higher - who knows!! :)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I am pleased you were delighted with our service and I have shared your compliments with my Management Team.
I have taken on board your feedback regarding your room and may I suggest for the future, please do not hesitate to mention a room preference when making your reservation and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Once again thank you for your comments. I trust we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the Stamford grand hotel over the long weekend and really enjoyed our time there! The menu had a good selection of meals available, tempura prawns were amazing as well as the buffet breakfast. The staff and food exceeded my expectation, especially Jeanette - she was fantastic and very kind to my little girl.

Room Tip: Looking for a family friendly hotel - stay here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay with us. We are always delighted to hear from guests who enjoy the Hotel’s great location. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I am pleased you were delighted with the service you received. I have shared your compliments regarding your meals with my Director of Food & Beverage and my Executive Chef. Jeanette will be commended on her service, as a result of your comments.
Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you (and your family) back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The staff at check in were extremely helpful, professional and polite. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the sea view was fantastic.
The biggest downfall was the restaurant. I ordered the 3 course special; the first course came out within 5 minutes, but I then had to wait a further 45 minutes before my main arrived, and another 15 minutes after that for the dessert. The food (squid for entree, pork belly for main and panna cotta for dessert) was average at best. I would stay at the hotel again but would definitely not eat in the restaurant.

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service so your positive feedback regarding our check-in staff was warmly received and has been shared with my team. I am disappointed to read that your experience in our restaurant did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that I have addressed the issues you raised with my Director of Food & Beverage as this is certainly not the level of service we are known for. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope you’ll allow us the opportunity to host you again in the restaurant so that you can experience the exceptional service for which Stamford Grand Adelaide is recognised.
Melbourne.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Highly Recommended. The Stanmford certainly lives up to her name . In my words she is a "Grand Lady". I've stayed in lots of varied accomodation & this facility provided every thing my wife & I needed in one place. Brilliant.. Fantastic
When given the opportunity to visit Adelaide again, the Stamford Grand will be my preference. Extremely close to all type of public transport.. Thats a big plus just in it self.
All of the staff we had contact with were a real pleasure to work with.
The room was magnificent, and the extension granted on our departure time was a real blessing. To all staff at the Stamford. Well done & keep up the great work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you were delighted with the service you received during your stay at the Stamford Grand. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service so your positive feedback regarding our staff was warmly received and has been shared with my team. We are proud of our wonderful location and I am delighted to hear that you plan to return to our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.
Kind regards

Been to Stamford Grand Adelaide? Share your experiences!