“Never again... Terrible shame” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 115 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Italian, Ice Cream
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: gluten free option.
Adelaide, Australia
“Never again... Terrible shame”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The only thing this restaurant has going for it is the location. Terrible service, in fact none; we had dry lasagne and as other reviewers have said (which I now regret not reading earlier) the crab pasta was non-existent of crab. I actually decided it was not eatable and the staff agreed to give me another meal (as if such a complaint was a regular thing) but after taking so long with this order and fearing its quality I ended up getting my money back and leaving.. As we left the family next to us said their experience was equally tragic and they were off to McDonald's to fill up... Such a shame, it used to be such a nice place to eat ...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sydney
“Great wood fired pizza and homemade Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Went to this cafe on a Saturday night it's a pay first before eating which is great. We had the wood fired pizza half vegetarian and half chicken without the BBQ sauce and i found pizza great tasting not too cheesy. The garden salad was ok but drenched vinegar dressing a bit overwhelming. For treats The gelato is great its made at the shop I had a 1 scoop of mango and 1 scoop of passion fruit in a waffle cone it was great! With real fruit pieces, the Baci is quite nice and the 2nd time we visited for gelato the next night, I had to scoop of dark chocolate and scoop of strawberry pavlova the flavours were different the dark choc was quite deep and bitter and does get you in back throat, the strawberry pav was nice. Close to beach , Moseley square and tram opted to sit outside, there are overhead heaters outside and is protected by the wind. Will eat at Crema next time I visit Moseley square. For a Saturday night the cafe stoves are switched off at 9ish.

“Great location been there many times in the past but never again... Please put some chicken in a warm chicken salad...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I had lunch today at crema, which I've done many times in the past as my niece is celiac...it's always been good.
But I don't know if its changed recently or not but it was not busy at all, and I stood at the counter waiting to place an order for at least 3 or 4 minutes ,I know not that long but time yourself I was the only one in the queue and the just kept chatting....
The next part of my review which I have never been bothered with befofore has nothing to do with the service,,because there isn't any....
We ordered two warm chicken salads and there would not have been more than half a very very shredded chicken breast between them and just lettuce leaves and dressing ....never again

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Burnt and missing ingredients? Don't bother.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Went for a dinner with friends, staff were obviously bored and couldn't care less. Older male which I think was the owner was drunk and being rude to customers. The music in the restaurant is just the radio playing so has talking in the background which is very strange! Toilets not very clean and had no toilet paper.

Now for the food. Had the crab pasta it came out with burnt (as in black) bits of onion all through it. Almost no crab to what I could see, the prices had gone up since I was there last as well. Got a side of veggies which was so small only enough for one person even though its $8. The vegetables had bits of spaghetti in them?!? Not even the same as my pasta as I had penne. The chicken parmy was burnt but still used and had the toppings put on top to hide it. Chips were barely warm. The Chicken breast with avocado and cream sauce came out with NO AVOCADO on it and when we asked the waitress about it she said she wasn't sure why and didn't go ask or talk to chef to get some. Had a pizza also which was okay nothing great though, wouldn't go back there for pizza when Goodlife Pizza is a few doors up and much tastier and not so generic.
Didn't get a sorry or anything they could not give a flying rats butt about customer or satisfaction, or so it seems.

Don't recommend.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Great Gluten Free Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Food was fantastic so many different choices of gluten free. Crumbed fish Battered fish crumbed veal Pizzas and much more
The best gluten free restaurant I have been to.

Visited November 2012