“Great food and fast service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 107 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Voted best Greek Restaurant in Australia 2010 is national restaurant & catering awards
Melbourne
“Great food and fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

A very friendly waiter looked after the two of us. Fast service meant as soon as we'd finished one course, the next one was coming out.

The order of dishes on the menu was set out from "lightest" (eg dips and bread) to "heaviest" (lamb etc) - this made it easy to choose a good range.

Food was not the best Greek I've had but very close, for an off-the-cuff decision on a Sunday night (we had no reservation), it was a great choice.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Adelaide, Australia
“Every dish delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

He and I went for a beautiful dinner. Tried 4 dishes, and everything was so delicious. Just delicious. Glenelg Marina is a great location. Very highly recommended for anyone who loves greek food. Thanks Zucca!

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney
“Great food, but they absolutely gouge on drinks.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

The food was good, and the wait staff decent but if you go there with a large group, they will not let you pay for drinks as you go, they just flatly refuse. So if some are drinking and some not it's a big problem. Scotch and coke was $12 yeah that's right people TWELVE dollars.

The place had little atmosphere..but would probably be beautiful on a hot summers night.

Personally, I'm sure they have to pay a lot of rent where they are, hence the high prices, but there are loads of restaurants in and around Glenelg, so I can't say I'd go back.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane
“TO DIE FOR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We had dinner at Zucca on our final night in Adelaide and my god, I wish I could have eaten there every single night! The food was absolutely beautiful and suprisingly not too expensive.
We all had the bread and dips to start with which were just gorgeous and ample for the 4 of us. For entree, scallops! Beautifully cooked, in fact, perfection. I could have eaten about 5 plates of them if you'd given me the chance. For main, Twice cooked duck. Again - words fail me. The duck was absolutely beautiful and tender and so tasty. And then dessert... don't even get me started! All in all we all had an oustanding experience eating here, including the vegetarian amongst us. I could not recommend it highly enough. Thank you - we'll most DEFINATELY be back. I would trave from Brisbane just for a meal at your restaurant!

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Consistent great greek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Been to this place several times and everytime was fantastic. If we have special occasion for several years been, zucca is always a winner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere