“Claim a Steak” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 108 restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Glenelg Shop 11 Marina Pier, Glenelg, SA 5045 Phone: 08 8294 2203 Fax: 08 8294 2214
Adelaide
“Claim a Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were looking at a number of dining businesses here but the smell of steak cooking wafted out of Outback Jacks and our decision was made. In we went, sat down in this obviously popular eatery and ordered our steak meals from a comprehensive menu. We could see and smell our steaks from where we sat. Great steaks cooked to perfection here for us and to our individual liking. On our visit on a saturday evening it was busy but staff were attentive and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

Visited January 2013

38% Recommend
“Most disgusting food of my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband son and myself went to outback jacks glenelg marina this weekend we looked in their meat cabinet to select our lunch! The meat was completely grey and brown all over it looked terrible the waitress told us it oxidizes from sitting on one another but this was beyond oxidized it was fully brown and grey in the edged she said we can have a fresh meat pack opened so we did I ordered chicken schnitzel and my husband surf and turf my son got nuggets. When the "chef was cooking the whole restaurant was black and smokey and my husband being a terrible asthmatic found it extremely uncomfortable to sit inside, anyway our meals came and my chicken tasted sour like extremely off meat and my husbands barramundi that comes on the steak smelt VERY fishy and he said after one bite that it tasted completely WRONG my sons lunch was so salty he couldn't eat it. And my vegetables were so over cooked you could literally squeeze them and they were dripping with water, we left all our meals and went to casheer she told us $105 when I said we couldn't eat our food because it was disgusting she called a manager who said shed discount the bill she said shed replace our meal but we definately didn't want anything else from there, when I looked at the receipt she discounted it by $15 and their deal is kids eat for $3 Sunday to thurs for lunch so when u take $3 from the $9 kids meal price we were discounted $9 for the whole lot, over all I'd say this was the most disgusting and disappointing meal of my life my parents who live near by say out back jacks at glenelg is quote "un-edible"
Don't waste your money or time go else where,

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Durham
“Not Very Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The place was quite nice, cool and a nice breeze coming in from the sea and apart from the cider which was cold, nothing else worked. The staff seemed uninterested, the water they provided was warm and the steaks when they arrived were not cooked as we asked. Out of four meals, we sent two back and when they were returned to us they were still not right. We were given a ten percent discount for our inconvenience which bordered on the insulting bearing in mind the price of stuff. We love Australia and we love Australian food, but there's no way we'll ever try an Outback Jacks again. Very, very poor.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

To put it plainly, it was disappointing. The salads we had as sides to our meals were old ( lettuce was going black on the edges, cucumber was soggy. ) Burger bun was stale, burger meat was dry. Quite smaller portions compared to the North Adelaide restaurant. Bit of a shame really. Maybe just a bad day?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Traralgon, Australia
“Great Food Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The food here is great if you can wait for it to arrive!
If you are a meat eater then you'll love the menu, quality steaks which you see prior to ordering (a nice suprise) however service is a little slow. Yet this place is very busy so allow a little time.

Visited January 2013