“Can't get better in toowoomba” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 202 Restaurants in Toowoomba
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Toowoomba, Australia
“Can't get better in toowoomba”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love this restaurant although the price means it is only for special occasions for us but deffinately worth it. My only quarm is when I took my Dad who is a celioc they gave him a supposed gluten free dessert with a bread stick on top. When I questions if this was gluten free the owner apologized and took it back and said the chef was new. I don't expect this from a top quality restaurant but the owner is lovely and I love his vast knowledge of wines.

• Visited August 2012

queensland australia
“Nice surprise in toowoomba”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Service was excellent, ambiance just right, chef needs to find a better supplier of meat. Both had different meats both tough.

Visited June 2013
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Attentive staff. A Party meant the sweet was late (45 mins) but we were happy to drink and talk because it was such a top class expereicen. Thats class because I didnt have to point it out or complain. A proper restaurant, not a cafe dressed up. They provided a free drink and sweet in compo. I tipped big. Excellent knowledge of wines and food. Great experience, which is what you pay for, not just the cost of the food. Larger range of food would be good. Delicious food and good range of wines.

• Visited May 2013
Toowoomba, Australia
“My new favourite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Visited Veraison last night and we both opted for the 5 Course Degustation. We were greeted by Andrew, (one of the owners), who made us feel very welcome and ensured we understood who the Degustation menu worked, (including a mention that we could expect the evening to last around 2 hours to get through the 5 courses). The level of service from Andrew and other staff remained high for the entire evening. Andrew also took great trouble to explain in detail the background of the wine served with each course which, even as a non-drinker, I found fascinating. Starting with the entrée of smoked duck breast, each course was simply amazing. Not large portions but absolutely exquisite combinations on flavours, beautifully prepared, cooked and presented. The bread rolls, (cocoa and fennel) could have been served warm, but was still fresh and delicious, ( I had an extra one!). Interesting and varied cheese board but cheese could have been served at room temperature. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Andrew assured us that the chef constantly "tweaks" the Degustation menu to keep it interesting. We'll definitely be back to check up on him!

• Visited May 2013
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We recently had a birthday dinner with some friends here and absolutely loved the experience of a four course meal with matching wines. Andrew, the host gave us the ins and outs of how the food and wine combine and compliment each other and the dishes left our tastebuds literally dancing. I hadn't been to Veraison for a year or so and now I can't imagine why I left it that long. I thoroughly recommend this place.

Visited April 2013