“Great family business” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great family business”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Jilly's is one of my favourite places to go for a quick bite in Toowoomba. It's my local and I love being treated as a valued regular as I know this business has many valued regulars. I love the comfortable atmosphere and the service - especially owners and siblings Steve and Leonie who always have a smile and chat to share. I have always observed fellow diners to be served with a smile and prompt service. The cakes, biscuits and slices are home-made goodness. Brekky served any way you like it. The best coffee in town. Papers available to read and gentle music. Handy after a night at the movies - being just down the street. I love this place and miss it whenever I am out of town. Thanks Jilly's!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very disappointed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've been to Jilly's on numerous occasions. The last time i visited was with a group of young people with disabilities. We were completely shunned by the wait staff as we entered. We were not made to feel welcome at all. I would not recommend it, and will never return. Very disappointed, as well as upsetting for the group i was with.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Not a great experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

What can I say not a very pleasant experience . The waitresses didn't have any idear what was going on my gf asked if the baked beans we're home made three times the waitress said yes but when they came out they clearly weren't I ordered the jilly breakfast with hollandaise wasn't impressed although a good size was very poorly cooked stale bread cold sausage no colour was as if the just microwaved it I had scrambled eggs they were overdone lots of brown bits through waitress spilled my coffee didn't even offer me a new one just put it in front of me as if it wasn't a problem but what was worse is that I complained to the lady who seemed to be in charge her response was "hmmmm mmmm how would u like to pay " very poor for a place that's been around for a long time should be better will not go back and will not recommend to friends

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Townsville, Australia
“Group dinner upstairs, better than expected, but not flash...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

They have a fairly limited menu of real food for dinner, but it was good risotto, after all. Service patchy, ambience OK. Better when we popped in for breakky a couple of days later. Great coffee!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toowoomba, Australia
“Disappointing below standard food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Had lunch there with my wife and very disappointed, for example, chicken burger $15, overcooked dry - nearly burnt, bun dry, overdone and crumbled lousy scimpy salad. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Visited November 2012