“Best motel I've come across” 5 of 5 stars
Review of International Lodge Motel

Save Saved
You added International Lodge Motel to your Saves list
International Lodge Motel
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   40 Macalister Street, Mackay, Queensland 4740, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 27 hotels in Mackay
London, United Kingdom
“Best motel I've come across”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here originally for one night after coming to MacKay for job interviews. We chose this due to it being more reasonably priced than other accomodation options available. We didn't expect to find such a high standard of room, certainly I think the best motel we have stayed in. Rooms are very similar to a lot of hotels I've stayed at. They look very recently renovated and have a lovely comfy bed, flat screen tv with austar, a kettle, microwave, toaster, crockery and cutlery and even an iron board, iron and hair dryer. We got so comfortable we ended up booking an extra night the following day and making a weekend of it. Yes the bathroom is small but who spends half their holiday in the bathroom? An of given the choice would you want to pay more money an have a bigger bathroom, I wouldn't. It was fine for showering and using the toilet. When we arrived we were greeted by a man called Hunter I think it was who couldn't have been more friendly and helpful such a nice man. Thank you for great service and a lovely stay. Keep the prices as they are very competitive and the service as friendly as ever.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The owner, Hunter was an absolutely wonderful manager. He was very helpful advising me of good food places and directions that I needed. It was also great that he went above and beyond to facilitate my needs during my stay there at the motel.
The motel was very clean and it was great that there were cups, bowls, plates, cutlery, a kettle, a fridge and a microwave! I was able to heat up food when I got a bit peckish and had copious amounts of cuppa teas!
I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is in search of a friendly and welcoming place to stay! Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very clean and look like they have recently been refurbished!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Mackay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I traveled south through Mackay and stayed at this Motel which we found to be clean and the service was very good, We slept well and there were no dramas leaving early. Nice place to stay I would recommend it, bathrooms a bit cramped though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We Booked there it was the last available place. When we pulled up we were concerned. But when we went inside we were greeted by the nicest friendliest service. The room was spotless we had a great sleep. Totally recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
Central Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I recently travelled to MacKay with my husband and wanted somewhere that was in the MacKay CBD. The International Lodge is in the ideal position when you want to walk every where. The rooms were very clean and spacious with facilities to make your own breakfast. We spent two nights and found it to be very quiet even though it is in the centre of town. The bathrooms are very small but very clean and quite adequate. The managers were very helpful and nothing was a problem for them. I look forward to returning in the near future.

Room Tip: Elderly people should request ground floor as there is no lift.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Gold Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I travel to Mackay on business so I have to keep to a budget and this hotel is within my budget. Mackay is expensive so this hotel is a good choice if you don't want to spend too much. It is well located within walking distance of quite a few eating places. The rooms are small and have a newly renovated tiny bathroom and new bed linen and I think new carpet but you can tell it is old by the walls and furniture. The owners on reception were helpful. At the end of the street is a walkway that travels along the river if you want to go for a walk or run. There is no pool or restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Very very happy with the rooms, which were clean, newly appointed and quiet. We stayed in room 18, fantastic comfy beds, large flat screen TV, kettle / toaster / fridge - everything you need for a short stay - bathroom is small but big enough to use easily. We stayed at the International Lodge during a kids sports carnival, and although no laundry facilities, the managers washed and dried our football gear every night for us which was greatly appreciated. Managers are very friendly and great people to have a chat too, very knowledgeable about the local area. IL is close to everything you need, walking distance to centre of town, pubs, restaurants and coffee shops. Canelands shopping centre is about 500m away for everything else. Would highly recommend staying at the IL - it has everything you need and the managers made the stay most enjoyable - thanks for a great stay in Mackay

• Stayed July 2012

Been to International Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!