“Great food and family friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fellini Ristorante e Bar

Fellini Ristorante e Bar
Level 1/ 74 Seaworld Drive | Main Beach, Queensland 4217, Australia (Formerly Fellini)
+61 55310300
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #247 of 1,709 Restaurants in Gold Coast
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ristorante Fellini is an internationally acclaimed Italian restaurant which has won more than 100 industry accolades since its conception at Marina Mirage 19 years ago. Well-known for its exemplarily service and picturesque location, showcasing sweeping views across the Broadwater, Ristorante Fellini offers guests modern Italian cuisine backed by generations of traditional family cooking. Fellini's season-inspired menu draws upon influences from varying Italian regions, with a strong focus on Neapolitan and Tuscan cuisines. The multi-award winning restaurant also presents a comprehensive wine list which features more than 600 labels from Australia, France and Italy.
Perth, Australia
“Great food and family friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were staying at Sea World Resort which had limited meal options. We came across this restaurant located at the Marina and lucky we did. The food was delicious, excellent wine choice, beautiful view and the staff could not be more accommodating and friendly. We were travelling with a 4 year old and nothing was too much trouble for them as far as food and paper/crayons. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.

Brisbane, Australia
“Happy to recommend and looking forward to returning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were told that Fellini is a "must go to" on the Gold Coast and our experience proves that to be the case. The atmosphere was amazing with that great view across the water and the service was polite, fast and attentive.

We trusted the owners suggestion for entrees which was a great experience and worked very well. We had been told to have the Duck Pasta and two of our table were very glad we followed that advice. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the duck was as good as I have had anywhere. Perhaps it is not good manners to mop up the sauce with bread but neither of us could resist.

Great night in a great place.

• Visited April 2014
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“The trinity of restaurants: Exquisite dining, relaxed atmosphere and amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I absolutely love this place. The service is unbelievably good, the perfect balance to cater to your every need with out being in they way (I love that my wine glass is refilled and I don't even notice it happening). The food is amazing. I do not generally order duck but after having the duck ravioli on a degustation menu I now order it every time. The reinvigorated menu keeps you coming back to discover even more of the sensational treats Ristorante Fellini has to offer. The owner operated restaurant means you know that he cares about his customers and he is keen to greet guests on arrival.

You must indulge in three courses when dining as entrees, mains and of course desserts are so delicious you would be doing yourself a disservice to miss one out. The choice of wines is also complimentary the dishes and the waiter is always happy to assist with suggestions.

The staff are very good and make you feel like you are the only one in the restaurant. They are eager to please and only to happy to comply with any request.

In all the experiences (and there are dozens) I have had here I do not have a single negative I can point out.

A note to all the gentleman out there. If you are planning a romantic night out and want to sweep a girl off her feet, this is the place to do it.

• Visited February 2014
Main Beach, Australia
“Definitely makes you want amore!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have dined here twice in the past week and was really excited with the quality of the food on both occasions. Brilliant wine choices also. Pasta is outstanding. Service has improved since I last visited. It is still a bit noisy with the windows closed (when it is windy or raining), which is a shame, because it is a gorgeous view over the Broadwater and creates a lovely ambience when they are open and the cool breeze blows in. I shall keep coming back to this authentic Italian in this unique location.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Broadbeach, Australia
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Disappointing! Main meal of duck pasta came out looking like a soup and with no taste at all. Thankfully I had asked for pepper because that was the only taste the dish offered. When I complained I was told "it's meant to be like that". Ordered profiteroles for dessert thinking that was a safe option. They came out like a rock! I had to use a knife to cut through them. Again when I questioned it I was told that is the way they are meant to be. I said I could have got nicer profiteroles at woolworths. I don't know which I was more disappointed with - the tasteless, inedible food or the lack of contrition by staff. We were charged full price and not offered any replacement for uneaten dishes. What happened to the customer always being right? No wonder they haven't won any awards since 2009!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
goldcoastfoodie, Owner at Fellini Ristorante e Bar, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Kate,

I am sorry to have received this review and to hear that you didn't enjoy your pasta. Your complaint on the night was professionally handled by my staff, who did inform you that the dish was brought out as it is meant to be served. This pasta dish, which features slow twice-cooked duck and vegetable ragu on a bed of fresh pasta, is actually one of our most popular and praised dishes.

I understand and appreciate that everyone’s taste-buds are different and I completely respect that you didn't like this dish, however personal dislikes are not a suitable reason for a refund, especially as this dish will continue to be served as is and liked by thousands. If there was a problem with your dish, I would have had no hesitation refunding you, but unfortunately – apart from a personal dislike – nothing was wrong with this meal.

As for the profiteroles, it is possible they could have been firm, but not rock hard, as they are baked fresh every day. You sound like you were more upset about us not giving you a discount or refund and from memory, I know your husband or partner was quite happy with the dinner.

Kate, what I have learnt in this industry is that the customer is not always right – especially when they are making comments on food quality, when their knowledge of food is not that of an expert. Again I say, if there was something wrong with either of those dishes, I would have had no issue refunding you, but cannot do this based simply on personal dislike.

In reference to your final comment, that we have not won an award since 2009 – we are sorry to hear you have been misinformed and we thank you for bringing this to our attention, that we need to update our Accolades section on our website.

Just so you are aware, since 2009 we have been awarded One Chef Hat every year – being 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. To win a coveted Chef Hat, at the brisbanetimes.com.au Queensland Good Food Guide awards, indicates to diners that the awarded restaurant consistently serves high-quality food, delivers exceptional service and ultimately, exudes culinary excellence. This is the Holy Grail to restaurants and only around 40 restaurants across QLD receive hats.

Additionally, since 2009 we have received each year, up to present, the prestige Chef Hat from AGFG (Australian Good Food Guide). These awards, by the way, are judged by anonymous restaurant critics who are experts in our industry.