“Great Location...already planning my next trip there” 4 of 5 stars

Tiki Village International Gold Coast
Corner Ferny & Cavill Avenue, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #90 of 162 Hotels in Gold Coast
Nerang, QLD
“Great Location...already planning my next trip there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

I have just got back from a long weekend at Tiki Village,

Let me start with my one negative comment...

I couldn't stay longer :(

Now onto the good...

OK...Tiki Village is not the flashest property on the Gold Coast but I loved it and had a great long weekend.

Firstly, we were checking in late so I called ahead to notify the property and they were very friendly. Once we arrived, check in was quick and easy. The reception staff was friendly and helpful.

Underground parking was a bonus, especially as Tiki Village is located right in Surfers. There were always plenty of Parks and we felt very safe that you needed a code to access the underground parking, and a key to go up the elevators.

Once in our unit, we were delighted. The unit was clean, comfortable and had a huge spa bath in the unit. The bed was comfortable, as was the pull out sofa (as I was told by my neice and nephew that were with us). There is 2 TV's in the unit with Foxtel channels. The kitchen does not have an oven (which we wouldn't have needed anyway), but did have everything else you would expect a kitchen to have. We did buy groceries (which is conveniently located across the road) so we could make breakfast and have drinks.

The pool area was pretty and got the sun most of the day.
It is heated which was nice and there is a slide which was very popular with our kids. There is a bar next to the pool, but I must say, I never saw it opened any of the times we were by the pool, which I thought was a little odd. I'm not sure when they open.

The spa...ahhh the spa, I miss it already and am trying to talk my husband into buying us one for at home :)
The spa is Adults only (which I guess would have been good if we didn't have two pre-teens with us who really wanted a spa).
It is a roof top spa and gets nice fews of the Hinterland, especially at night. I loved the spa and look forward to going back to Tiki soon so I can enjoy it again.

There was a games room and a few nice looking BBQ areas but we didn't have time to use them unfortunately.

The location of Tiki Village is awesome...it is right in Surfers Paradise, (yet amazingly still quiet in the unit). We walked into town every day and night. It was awesome to be that close.
We decided to make the most of the night life since we were right in town and liked being able to safely walk home at 3 o'clock in the morning (something we hadn't done for almost 2 years, but what the hey, where on holiday right!)
We went to Timezone (twice) and my husband ended up winning an IPOD (very impressed) I thought those games were a have, but obviously not!

All in all, I really liked Tiki Village and will be going back again at the end of this month (managed to get the weeks cheap through our Timeshare Company, Last Minute Bonus week cheap).

I hope this review helps and apologize if it was too long :)

• Liked — Location, Roof Top Spa
  • Disliked — Don't know
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Rockhampton, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

my teenage daughter and i stayed at the tiki village for five nights in november. the rooms were clean and comfortable, though they could do with a refurbish. the staff were very warm and friendly. my biggest complaint was the noise that could be heard from the front bedroom. walls and windows were a little thin. the resort is quite central to everything, beach is only two blocks away. the pool is very nice and we spent quite alot of time in there. the roof top spa is also great. i would recommend this hotel to others and i would stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noisy room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Tiki Village International Gold Coast? Share your experiences!