“Wonderful Hosts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bayview Bay Apartments

You added Bayview Bay Apartments to your Saves list
Bayview Bay Apartments
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   37 Bayview Street | Runaway Bay, Queensland 4216, Australia   |
Ranked #178 of 313 Specialty Lodging in Gold Coast
Winnipeg
“Wonderful Hosts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Runaway bay. The accommodations were spacious and clean. Our hosts were warm and welcoming and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. I would recommend the Bayview Bay Apartments to everyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Winnipeg, Mb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

We stayed in Nbr.34. My wife and I travelled with my son, daughter in law and 11yr old grandson, the Apartment was clean and suited our needs perfectly. It's in a good location away from the hustle and bustle of Surfers Paradise and close to the Runaway Bay shopping centre.
Rebecca and Mat went out their way to make our stay most memorable. Arranging tours, Rent a car and any assistance.
Without a doubt, in all our travels, the Bayview Bay Apartments is one of the best places for a holiday

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

Great Hosts,very Friendly & Helpful,good Location, made Holidays Perfect

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

As regular travellers around Australia, we often check trip adviser for future places to stay, but when we read thiscrap review about Bayview Bay Apartments we felt compelled to write our comments regarding the above mentioned resort.
Reboi, where are you coming from?, we stayed at Bayview Bay Apartments from 2.02.09 - 6.02.09 and came across nothing like you are expressing.
On our arrival we were greeted at reception by Rebecca, welcoming and approachable.After checking in and receiving the keys to our apartment, we were the escorted to such [by a very pleasant man, Matt ] a custom that is not applied much theses days and very much appreciated.
On entering our apartment, we found it to be well presented and VERY clean.
The resort itself was quiet and family orientated with very pleasant surroundings, well maintained gardens and pool and a marina.
We stayed four days and found management very approachable and helpful, assisting us with bookings for activities.
The Managers, Rebecca and Matt even enjoyed a BBQ with us on two occassions, along with other guests.
We found Bayview Bay Apartments great value and would recommend it to anybody and also plan to return later in the year.
We have read other reviews fromyou Reboi, about places you have stayed and it seems you would not be happy even in Versarce.
Keep up the great work at Bayview Bay
From happy travellers

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
queensland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

I booked this accomodation through Wotif at a good rate. A last minute decision to go for a weekend (We used to live in this area) to catch up with friends.
I called the "resort" the day before and was assured that an early arrival was OK as our unit was ready. Great stuff!
Checked in and given the keys no problem. Then we got to the unit...the furniture all stacked up on the dining table and kitchen bench and the the beds. I called reception thinking there had been a mistake and was told that the carpets had just been cleaned and that the cleaners were supposed to have put the furniture back. (This statement is critical! NOTHING was ever the managements fault!)
Quick cup of coffee, we always take our own cups, noticed the greasy, mismatched crockery and cutlery, glad we did! Then off out.
On our return that night around 8pm on Saturday I started to look around the apartment.
The sliding glass doors to the balcony didn't lock, the screen doors locked after a good fiddle with the key.
The dining chairs wre disgusting, the material badly stained with God knows what.
The vinyl lounge suite which we were informed was new was certainly not purchased for it's comfort.
The bedroom lights didn't work but in all fairness the bedside lamps did so made do with that.
Thhe ensuite bathroom shower was filthy, the glass cloudy and stained, the floor tiles with copious amounts of soap scum....very nice. The laminate peeling off on the vanity.
A blanket which was neatly folded in the 2nd bedroom was so filthy I threw it in the corner of the room wher it stayed until we left. It was disgusting!
The roughcast ceilings in the bedrooms were HANGING with dust and cobwebs. I really don't know what the other stains were.
The bedroom cutains the same hanging with dust and dirt. Missing hooks and fittings affected ALL the apartment curtains.
The oven and stovetop were certainly not going to be used by us given their filthy condition. The oven trays covered with soild/used Alfoil....boy this place is a gem!
To their credit someone had actually managed to drag an old timber outdoor setting up the stairs and place it on the front balcony, the slatted wood type that food falls into the gaps and never seems to get cleaned out...lovely.
Please keep in mind these are LUXURY APARTMENTS...proudly billed as such on their website.
We checked out a day early informing the manager, Rebecca of our reasons. She very kindly informed us that we should have complained. She also since has told me that after hours mobile numbers are posted around the "resort."
I requested a refund from Rebecca, she informed me that I had offended her and it was all my fault anyway for not contacting them on their day off (Sunday.)
BUT....she tells me she has issued a warning letter to the cleaning staff (who are available 24hrs accoding to her...go figure!)
She also passed on my complaint to the units owner who she assures me is most proactive in the condition of his unit.....Ripley coundn't have written better!
My request for a refund has been denied because evrything was my fault, or the cleaners fault, or someone elses fault and in any case I didn't complain in time???????

My advice to anyone wishing to stay in Runaway Bay.....Don't even consider this disgusting, mis-managed property
PS...if you want to see the photo's I took contact me.

• Stayed June 2009

Been to Bayview Bay Apartments? Share your experiences!