“Definitely our speed.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Vacation Resort Kirra Beach

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coolangatta
Wyndham Vacation Resort Kirra Beach
You added Wyndham Vacation Resort Kirra Beach to your Saves list
coyne st winston ave | Kirra Beach, Coolangatta, Queensland 4225, Australia   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Coolangatta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nadi, Fiji
“Definitely our speed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

It was our first time to the Gold Coast and I originally wanted to stay at Surfer's. Boy was I glad we didn't. Mainly because the schoolies were out, so there were nothing but 18 y.o.'s mobbing the streets. Kirra beach is a nice lovely pace for those needing a little getaway and the Wyndham was just fantastic. The staff was lovely. Our view was magnificent and the suite was so comfortable and clean, truly like a home away from home. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The rooms that face the beach are called Ocean-side and the rooms that faced the mountains are calle...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Coolangatta, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Service was rubbish!
We WERE owners of Wyndham, 1st timers to kirra beach, and reception treated me like a number, they never took the initiative to introduce me the neighbourhood, the facilities, or book me into a presentation..
We arrived at 10 am for the 4 pm check-in, they did a pre-register, and let me go..
When we returned at 6pm, we got our room keys, and let go, get to our room our bags are delivered, and then they ring us to go back to reception to give them our credit card details..
When we went to the presentation updates, I voiced my complaints about the service, and was told 'its because we have to many repeat and return travellers that we don't need to look after use' but yet, we are first timers to kirra and no one took the time out of their day to go the extra mile for us!!

We pre-paid our housekeeping fee when we booked our vacation, but yet no one serviced our room, not even to collect our rubbish..

Consistency across the board in the Wyndham resorts would b great, cos this service it's totally different compared to Wyndham Sydney, and that's totally disappointing, and a big let down for Wyndham Kirra.

But on a good note, the facilities rock! The room was huge, snuff for my family and then some, the pool had enuff room for us to swim lax, and play games, the spa was enuff to relax in, that was serviced every morning, I no cos my daughter was up every morning, asking if she cud swim every morning at 7.30am, but the cleaner isn't done till 8am.

$10 a family for onside mini putt.

The bus stops are outside the resort, 1hr to pacific fair, 1hr n half to Australia fair, if ur bussing with the family ask at the airport for a travellers pass, for upto 4adults for $120 for 7 days, I got nosey after I saw another, family doin it,

Room Tip: Loved our 2bdroom apartment! Our kids had their own room, we had our own room and a pull out couch f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lake Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

As Wyndham owners, this is our favourite resort. Love the location - So close to the airport, beach over the road and a healthy brisk walk to Coolangatta. Love the rooms - always clean and most have good views - although I must say we found the bed a little uncomfortable. Love the staff - always so friendly and helpful, offer good advice and helpful suggestions. We always feel safe and welcomed here. Not so keen on the 'information sessions', but expected - just learn to say 'No'. It is so nice to be just a bus ride from the action when we want it, and be able to return to a near deserted beach at the end of the day. Such a good resort, as I say, our favourite.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Another great Stay at a Wyndham Resort. so nice to be greeted by the front desk everytime we go in or out .Loved the pool, spa pool and the BBQ area.Great Rooms , nice and Quiet,even tho not far from the Airport.Nice beach just a 3 minute walk away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Alexandra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Hi back again this review is from February this year at Wyndham Kirra our 4th stay here so for obvious reason it is fantastic for the family (my wife and 5&6yr old daughters) and myself so laid back and the staff every single one of them Garry I think the managers name is, is so approachable in every aspect even with tips on tours and the whole team from reception, sales, coffee (especially) and Housekeeping do a fantastic job. We have never been here and had anything at all be wrong the beds are great ( I have a stuffed spine so comfort is imperative) to the spacious rooms and the views are just breathtaking of the ocean and nearby Goldcoast. I am a wyndham owner as well and I never hesitate to login and book kirra if I can get a booking that is. So enough from me I hope this helps people in doubt as it is the nicest part of the gold coast in our opinion, Happy travelling! Until next time... Ben :)

Room Tip: Ocean Deluxe if you can swing it or even just the 2Bdrm Ocean is Breathtaking
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have been to this resort 3 times now and love it just as much each time. During the school holidays, they have a Kids' Club for 1.5 hours in the mornings during the week. This avoids the kids asking what they can do each day. If you don't like the pool, it is close (about 200m) to the beach, which is manned. Reception is open 24/7, which is great. There are great views of both the beach and/or the hinterland depending on which apartment you are allocated. You are away from Surfers, but close to the airport for the last minute dash.
We arrived 2 hours early, but our room was ready for check in. This enabled us to unpack, pick up some groceries in nearby Tweed Heads and start to relax. There are full kitchens available, so we didn't have to go out for any of our meals, if we didn't want to.
The staff were fantastic, making suggestions for restaurants, things to do, directions to attractions, buses to catch, etc. and, when my husband hurt his toe, an ice pack was provided to help reduce the swelling. Nothing was too much to ask for.
We will definitely go back as it is one of our favourite Wyndham resorts.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

It was our first outing where we stayed at one of Wyndham vacation resorts. It wasn't in any way near what I had in mind about it.

The rooms were ok. We were expecting house keeping each and every day (as it is provided in even a small motel or B&B) but to our surprise we needed to do everything. The air con took ages to warm up the room.

To make it worst was the morning induction session where we were asked to come just to get more info about our plan and how to make better use of it. But it was surprising how we were being pushed to upgrade to higher membership. The behaviour of a few people was so rude and they somehow started asking us personal questions about our financial situation. When we didn't say anything, they told us that "something is really wrong if we can't spend that much money to upgrade".

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Wyndham Vacation Resort Kirra Beach? Share your experiences!