Each time I have attempted to approach staff on the desk their reaction has been less than enthusiastic. In the evening yesterday I asked for a new plastic room key, the young girl on reception informed me $20 would be charged to my room. I said that was outrageous and that I have never been asked anywhere to pay $20 for a 50 cent replacement card. The young girl then proceeded to inform me that I should have read the terms and conditions and seemed to take a smug pride in making the statement.
Obviously no "Customer Service" training is given to staff and the customer is a pain for asking for a new key or anything else that make take a little effort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks Calypso Plaza is a 4.5 star resort centrally located in the heart of Coolangatta, minutes from the airport and a variety of Gold Coast attractions and is located opposite the beautiful Coolangatta Beach. The resort features one and two bedroom self-contained apartments with full kitchen and laundry facilities, most with sheltered balconies that provide ocean or hinterland views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Oaks Calypso Plaza Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Calypso Plaza Hotel Coolangatta
- Oaks Calypso Plaza Coolangatta