Weekend away for Mothers Day compliments of our daughter. Excellent friendly and efficient reception staff with prompt check-in and out and appreciated the later courtesy call to ensure we had worked out how to control the TV, lights etc. Impressed that though a hotel room it also contained a microwave and bar fridge (not loaded up with a mini bar!) and extras like wine glasses, plates etc as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Balcony had views of ocean. Bed and pillows were very comfy (and we are fussy). Room and bathroom was very clean and decor was not as bland as such rooms can be. There is undercover parking on the level underneath the Twin Towns Resort with no room-specific parks which was good to find an easy park for getting in and out and meant we left our car there after check out while spending extra time on the beach. The carpark is locked with a security gate late at night. There is direct access to Twin Towns Club through a linkway (the Club itself did not overly impress by the way). We had the buffet breakfast included which was the expected comprehensive fare (assorted fruit, cereals, bacon, sausages, lamb chops, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes etc, various breads, croissants) and the scrambled eggs were perfectly cooked-always a good sign! Also could have omlettes and other eggs and pancakes freshly custom cooked by the chef on hand. Perhaps the pastries were light-on but there were waffles, mini muffins and banana bread.
Now the down side-every time someone left a room down the corridor and the door slammed our bed head shook. We were unlucky to have a group of teens next door who invited people back later and they talked a lot of the nght. Every sound seemed to carry and kept us awake. Not the hotel's fault but suggests thin internal walls. The main road outside was busy so you could not have the balcony door open as later in the night yobbos with screaching tyres and yelling carried through. Shut it did block street noise effectively. The layout does allow people to sqeeze between adjoining balconies as there is a narrow gap and we appreciated they provide a patio bolt so you can lock the door only partly open.
Apart from the noise, and you could be lucky and be between a group of more elderly visitors, the hotel appointements were very good and it is very central to Twin Towns, the restuarant strip along the beach and the surrounding excellent beaches and coves of Rainbow Bay and Greenmount. Nice change from the hustle of the northern part of the Gold Coast.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Twin Towns Hotel Coolangatta
- Outrigger Twin Towns Hotel
- Coolangatta Outrigger
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Outrigger Twin Towns Resort; famous for sun drenched days and that relaxed beach lifestyle. Enjoy life’s simple pleasures, golden beaches just steps away and space and time to relax to do as little, or as much as you like with the ones you love. A host of guest facilities are at your fingertips. Outrigger Twin Towns Resort is the perfect choice for an affordable, relaxed beach-style holiday getaway! It’s the ideal year-round holiday destination, close to world-class surfing beaches, hinterland winery and river tours and all the Gold and Tweed Coasts have to offer.The resort boasts stylishly appointed hotel rooms and fully self contained one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the pristine beaches of the Southern Gold Coast and the sparkling waters of the Tweed River. The resort features two pools, spas, two tennis courts, mini golf course, games room, gymnasium with steam room, outdoor barbeque areas, a Business Centre and a state of the art conference facility.Entertain yourself at the adjacent Twin Towns Club, featuring endless dining and entertainment options, including six restaurants and lounges. Only 3 kms from Gold Coast International Airport and close to the Gold Coasts many attractions, Outrigger is also the perfect base to discover the natural beauty of the Tweed Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Outrigger Twin Towns Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.