My first stay in Tweed Heads / Coolangatta and unfortunately it was for a funeral. I looked at various motels for our one night stay but in the end settled on Twin Towns Resort for its central location, easy dining options, and a nice comfortable room for my mother.
The check-in service was very polite and we were informed about everything we needed to know. My request for a slightly later check-out was partly accommodated - I asked for 11am but due to full house the following night was allowed till 10:30am. This was OK as there were plenty of comfortable lounges and magazines to fill in another half an hour in the lobby (unfortunately the weather was appalling otherwise we would have gone for a walk).
My mother and I shared a room with two queen beds which was spacious and very comfortable. Even though our room was on the first floor and overlooking the street it was very quiet and we heard no traffic noise. My only complaint about the entire stay was the very basic toiletries provided and we couldn't find any tissues in the room.
The lady who greeted us at breakfast was happy and smiling, and we enjoyed the eggs and bacon from the buffet. The breakfast area has a nice outlook over a pond, gardens and the pool.
On check-out the staff were happy to store our bags for the day. Its a pity that we didn't get to stay longer and enjoy the beach and the shopping centre but if I ever needed to come back to Tweed Heads / Coolangatta for a short stay I would happily stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Twin Towns Hotel Coolangatta
- Outrigger Twin Towns Hotel
- Coolangatta Outrigger
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Outrigger Twin Towns Resort; famous for sun drenched days and that relaxed beach lifestyle. Enjoy life’s simple pleasures, golden beaches just steps away and space and time to relax to do as little, or as much as you like with the ones you love. A host of guest facilities are at your fingertips. Outrigger Twin Towns Resort is the perfect choice for an affordable, relaxed beach-style holiday getaway! It’s the ideal year-round holiday destination, close to world-class surfing beaches, hinterland winery and river tours and all the Gold and Tweed Coasts have to offer.The resort boasts stylishly appointed hotel rooms and fully self contained one, two and three bedroom apartments overlooking the pristine beaches of the Southern Gold Coast and the sparkling waters of the Tweed River. The resort features two pools, spas, two tennis courts, mini golf course, games room, gymnasium with steam room, outdoor barbeque areas, a Business Centre and a state of the art conference facility.Entertain yourself at the adjacent Twin Towns Club, featuring endless dining and entertainment options, including six restaurants and lounges. Only 3 kms from Gold Coast International Airport and close to the Gold Coasts many attractions, Outrigger is also the perfect base to discover the natural beauty of the Tweed Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Outrigger Twin Towns Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.