“The Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Reflection Tower Two

You added Reflection Tower Two to your Saves list
Reflection Tower Two
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   110 Marine Parade, Coolangatta, Queensland 4225, Australia   |
NZ
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Have spent the last 15 years holidaying at various apartments on the gold coast.Value for money this would be the best.Not to mention the magnificent views,the pool is to die for,so spacious,courteous staff with humour,comfortable beds,and so quiet you'd think you had the place to yourself.Just loved it.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Tweed Heads, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Firstly I have to say the location is excellent. The view is breathtaking and the beach is spectacular. The restaurants downstairs are also convenient.

I found this place through wotif and called to enquire about the quality of the broadband connection (because I need it for work) and what the late check in procedure was. My questions were answered abruptly without being especially pleasant or generous with information - perhaps they were busy or preferred that I had of booked through Wotif?

When I arrived I found I had to buzz an intercom to be connected to an off site switchboard. I was diconnected the first time. The second time I was given some instructions on how to obtain the key, but they neglected to open the door. The third time I buzzed I managed to get access to the keys and went back outside, and parked the car.

Access to the carpark was fine, but the car parks do not seem to be numbered in an any order, so it was a little confusing to find our alloted parking space. When it came time to use the lift it would not work. The information provided did not tell me which floor the apt was located on, but as it was room X05, I assumed that the floor we needed to go to was X.

So I got to the lobby and called the after hours phone number - but no answer. So I buzzed the intercom again. The person who answered treated me as though I was an idiot, despite them seemingly knowing little about the apartments. They couldn't tell me if floor 'X' was correct. They put me on hold, and I was disconnected. I buzzed again and got a different person. They put me through to the first operator and I was disconnected - AGAIN. I buzzed again - the 5th time I have had to buzz this intercom to achieve the simple task of accessing our apartment. Guess what - I get thru, get put on hold and am disconnected again.

By this time I've been screwing around for more than 30mins with a 11mth old baby getting restless. So I call the after hours number again - yes an answer! After being treated like an idiot again for apparently not being able to work the lift I'm told they will contact the manager to let me in. Isn't that who the after hours number should go to?!

So the manager comes to help after about another 5 mins and they confirm I should be going to floor 'X'. They also test the lift security and confirm that it is not working. They give me a new key and we are finally on our way to the room!

The rooms are nice. They're not as small as some newish places I have stayed in. (we had a 2 bedroom with ocean view)

Good things about rooms:
- view is excellent
- balconies are safe & do not have any gaps large enough for small children to crawl through
- kitchen is great
- showers are large
- bath in ensuite is large
- flatscreen tvs with dvd player in living room & bedroom
- climate control system is great - heat or cool
- balcony is large

Bad things about rooms
- bathroom has a weird sewerage smell
- bed linen is not very clean
- pillows are horrible
- beds are small - I don't think it is really a queen? double maybe?
- beds aren't very comfortable
- furniture is cheap & damaged
- towels are small & low quality
- not an especially high level of general cleanliness
- ther eis no channel guide provided and cable tv does not have ESPN! This is usually standard and was sorely missed considering the NBA finals were on and we chose this place partly because of cable tv access!
- the internet is free & easy to use, but it is definitely not 'broadband'! A speed test showed 0.03 MB/s or 32 KB/s, that is 1990s dialup speeds... I'm quite annoyed about this because I specifically enquired about the quality of the internet connection before booking as I need it for work.

Overall I'm not totally dissapointed because the location is beyond excellent and I have stayed in much worse places. The rate I received was reasonable without being spectaular for low season accomodation. I would recommend it and probably stay here again, but I wouldn't be paying top dollar for it. If you're paying upwards of $200 a night, you can probably get a better experience elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Reflection28, Manager at Reflection Tower Two, responded to this review, July 28, 2010
Thank you for your comments, we are always happy to hear any feedback our guests have. We are constantly striving to deliver the best quality customer service to keep in line with our four-and-a-half star rating.

We are sorry to hear that your experience at Reflection Tower Two did not meet your expectations. We encourage guests on arrival to state any requests they need in order to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. On check out, if your stay did not meet your expectations, we would be happy to address these concerns directly.

We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the world-class views of the Coolangatta beachfront. We are also very family-friendly, and it was pleasing to see you noticed our safety features.

Our apartments are of multi-million dollar property value, and all apartments feature top quality furniture packages. Our cable has three sports channels, however we do not have ESPN (we have Fox Sports). If any guests have this request, they should make this known before arrival to ensure we make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Today I conducted a speed test on our broadband and found that the download speed was at 6.72 mb/s, much higher than your stated .03mb/s figure. We are investigating broadband speeds in the units to ensure speed consistency in the future.

On the cleaning, we are very proud of our cleaning staff in upholding the very best hygenic standards for our rooms. Once again, if guests have any problems with the state of rooms, we would be happy to address any concerns our guests have.

Finally, our intercom/ after hours service is usually straight forward and our off-site staff are generally quite helpful in providing advice. I am disappointed in the quality of service you received and will look into who took your call that particular night. My wife and I are on-site 24 hours a day, however due to our "fully self-contained" rating, we do not operate our office 24 hours.

I am sorry to hear your problems, but welcome your feedback as it helps to improve our service. We are extremely confident in our ability to deliver high-class facilites and comfort and believe our luxury apartments are some of the best on the Gold Coast.

Kind regards,

Kevin Robertson
Manager, Reflection Tower Two
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

My husband and I have just spent our third holiday at Reflections 2 and cannot wait until we have accrued some more leave to stay there again. Each time we go there, we are given a friendly welcome, and the staff could not be more helpful. The apartment we have used has the most comfortable beds that we have ever slept in and the lounge suites are very comfortable, with big screen tvs (2) in the unit we take, and the view is magnificent from the balcony, and private. The apartment is always spotlessly clean. The position of the property in relation to everything in Coolangatta is the best, shops and restaurants all around. Thank you to Bianca, Ben, Kevin and Denise, you always make our holidays very special.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

My husband and I have holidayed at Reflections Tower Two on several occasions over the past few years. This holiday building has friendly Managers who are only too happy to help you in anyway they can.
The views from each unit are amazing and you only have to walk a few steps to find several dining choices under the building. We park our car under the building and find we don't use it again until we leave. Everything is within walking distance - beach, clubs, and shops.

Each unit is self contained with modern decor. Ours was a two bedroom unit each with their own bathroom. My husband and I like to sit on the balcony and enjoy the beautiful views of the beach and the ocean.

We especially like the threatre which can be hired out to watch your own DVD's which is located on the lower level. Not to mention the gym, steam room, spa and pool which keeps us quite busy while relaxing.

My husband now wants to live down at Coolangatta and rent a unit !!! What a life! We will be back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
gosford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

This is our second time here. We love this establishment. It has every thing you would desire in luxury, but booked through 'Wotif', and we were supposed to get 2 bedroom apartment with 2 singles and 1 queen bed. Found out bedding was 2 queens and totally unsuitable for our needs. We were offered an alternative apartment but with closed in balconey with tinted glass....please wrap me up in bubble wrap.. needless to say we stayed in original apartment...floor lovely to sleep on...advise not to take breakfast inclusion... not worth it...plus cheaper to book dirrectly...felt ripped of...On the upside of this review the manager... 'Bianca' was lovely and 'attempted' to meet our requirements... moral of the story, ring and check before you arrive... saves dissappointment.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Thankyou for your feedback; it's always pleasing to receive comments about our staff. Bianca is very proud of her high level of customer service and was very happy when she received this review.

We encourage people to book directly so we can go over requirements you may have (ie. bedding, balcony requests). Our winter balconies are popular for young families and keep out the beach breeze perfectly, but we do realise that these aren't for everyone. We do not have many winter balconies in our holiday pool (four apartments out of seventy) , so we apologise that we had to offer you in this room on this particular occasion. On booking, we can leave notes on our reservations system to ensure your expectations are met. If you prefer to book through Wotif, please do not hesitate to contact us with any requests you may have.

Once again, we thank you for your honest review. Our building is a multi-million dollar establishment and reviews like these reflect our high standard of luxury and quality customer service.

King regards,

Kevin Robertson
Manager, Reflection Tower Two
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

We stayed in Tower Two for six nights in July/Aug.

I spent a bit of time beforehand talking to management about which apartment we would be given, and what to expect when we arrived. The couple of phone-calls and emails beforehand were always approached with politeness and helpfulness by staff.

We arrived late at night from Coolangatta Airport, which was only a ten minute, $13 taxi ride from the apartment. Followed directions as instructed beforehand, and had an uneventful and easy entry to the apartment, even though the reception area was closed.

Delighted would be an understatement, as to our feelings about the apartment! We were in a three-bed apartment on the 14th (?) floor, which had the second and third bedrooms, and main bathroom locked off, as we had only paid for a one-bedroom apartment. We were very happy with this arrangement, although the second bathroom would have been convenient for when we were not both sleeping at the same time. However, one bedroom, one bathroom is fair, and so we wouldn't complain.

As this is a self-contained apartment, we knew that we would need to supply our own toiletries once the initial supply of shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper was used. We were a little surprised that there was not even one full roll of toilet paper supplied, only what was left on the previous roll, but we had come prepared, so it was not a real issue. We were also supplied with one or two (How easily one forgets!), sachets each of dishwashing liquid, dishwasher detergent, and washing machine detergent. A Woolworths store is only a fifteen minute walk away, so we were easily able to get more supplies as needed, especially as it was open until about 10pm on weeknights, so very convenient.

The apartments are only serviced weekly, and that is how we like it when we are on holiday. We bought a cheap squeegee, and wiped the shower after each use, so that it would always be clean for us, and kept the rest of the apartment as we would our own home. It was good not to have to put things away for when the cleaners come, and we could come and go as we pleased.

From the 14th floor we had an amazing view of Greenmount Beach and the sea right across to Surfers Paradise. Whilst we don't like actually staying at Surfers, it makes for a brilliant silhouette in the distance from Coolangatta. We also had a view across Coolangatta to the mountains, so it was a fantastic view all the way around, both at night with all the lights, and during the day.

There was a balcony with table and chairs, so we were able to spend time on the balcony looking out to the sea and beach.

We didn't have any need for much communication with the staff during our stay, but on the few occasions when we did, they were always friendly and polite.

Restaurants and shops abound within the local area, and on the one day when we decided to go further afield, we found the public buses to be convenient.

There are some great coastal walks in the area, especially from Greenmount Beach along the coast to Point Danger.

Went on an amazing whale-watching cruise, which started from the Coolangatta/Tweed Golf Course and went out to sea not far from Coolangatta. The whales gave us a brilliant display of their awesome power, and it was 2 1/2 hours of good value cruising.

All in all, a very relaxing and enjoyable time, in a beautiful apartment.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, QLD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

I recently organised a family vacation for 7 nights at Reflection Tower 2. After much deliberation and correspondence directly with the receptionist regarding options in apartment's amenity and price, I selected the only "Luxury Lifespace" which is on the seventh floor.

The Luxury Lifespace (I had been informed) was a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, self-contained apartment @ $450/night (low season rate). Thoughtfully, we were contacted the day before our scheduled arrival to inform us that the apartment was vacant and could be occupied earlier than the 2pm check-in.

We arrived around midday for the start of our week-long holiday. Upon arrival we were advised that an earlier inspection by management found that the glazing around balconies and balustrades was dirty, the cleaner's would be coming to rectify problem. This, of course, was fine - being able to view through glass to the beach is imperative when the wind is blowing gale-force.

We unloaded our car in the basement and struggled to navigate the luggage trolley through "value-managed = cost cutting" small door frames, tight corners and narrow corridors. When we arrived at Apartment 707 we were disappointed to find the there is really only two bedrooms and an alcove.

Bedroom 1 is very small with a double bed only, it does however have a beautiful adjoining bathroom with a sliding wall which opens up views to the ocean from the bathtub - the notable missing fixture is the spa function.

Bedroom 2 is a twin bed setup with minimal clearance around the beds, this has a sliding door connection to a shared ensuite/bathroom with laundry - this is shower only.

Bedroom 3 is nothing more than an alcove off the kitchen - there is no wall/door separation to form this room, there is only a sliding translucent blind. It is only equipped with a sofa bed, when this is folded out there is no space to move in this space.

Upon closer inspection one of the dooner covers in Bed 2 was quite soiled. I was advised that the dooner would be sent to dry cleaners and a cellular blanket was put on bed as a replacement. That dry cleaned dooner was never returned to the bed throughout our stay.

The cleaners did come and spend a good hour or so cleaning the balcony glazing later that day when the family was just trying to relax and settle in?

We sat back to indulge in the Pay TV which is a luxury we only partake in when we are on holidays. After many tests and exercises dictated by reception, then at least three different people coming to try for a connection, management conceded that the Pay TV was not functioning and a service call was put out. The Austel technician arrived 3 days later at 5:45pm - reception was closed, I was having a relaxing bath (?), my husband was putting our toddler to bed....my husband had to go down to foyer to let the technician in. The technician concluded that there was no connection to the apartment's 4 TV's and left. We were advised the following day that after 6 weeks of managing the property the current management had only just been made aware of this problem - apparently the previous management was aware but had not passed on this information?

On other things, the two Reflection Towers are close to each other - much of this apartment faces directly into the adjacent tower, blinds are provided for privacy. The Towers appear to create a wind tunnel between and around them - our balcony was rarely occupied due to gale force winds (even with moveable wind breaker screens), and the public facilities on Level 2 - pool, spa, BBQ's, Zen Garden and Tappinyaki Grill - are mostly uninhabitable due to winds around this podium space.

The website proclaims this as a five star Oasis - apartments are only cleaned once per seven days, there is one initial supply of basic quality bathroom manchester and soap, there is no room service facilities (even from restaurants / cafes in immediate proximity), there is no valet parking and porterage services. There are no towels at pool for residents use? There is a notable lack of apartment safe for valuable items left in apartment. However rubbish chutes are there for the convenience of all residents on each level, however if you want to recycle you need to make the tortuous route of carting your recycables to the Basement Level.

Needless to say we cut our seven night stay to five nights.

• Liked — Newly built; good views when not windy
  • Disliked — Price does not justify floors and floors in design.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Reflection Tower Two? Share your experiences!