“Very comfortable night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oscar Motel Bundaberg

Oscar Motel Bundaberg
You added Oscar Motel Bundaberg to your Saves list
Oscar Motel Bundaberg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   252 Bourbong Street, Bundaberg, Queensland 4670, Australia   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Bundaberg
Moranbah, Australia
“Very comfortable night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed in Bundaberg overnight to see the turtles at Mon Repos beach. The Oscar motel was well located in the main part of the town. There were a lot of restaurants, cafes and takeaway shops within a 300 metre radius of the motel. Our room was near the office. It was larger than most motel rooms we've stayed in, with a nice modern décor and the most comfortable pillow top bed! The shower was huge and really, really clean, as was the whole room. Our large car fitted completely under the carport right outside our room. The weather was muggy when we arrived so the split system air conditioner was a blessing. The helpful lady in the office gave us driving directions to Mon Repos beach so we didn't get lost in the dark. The Oscar Motel is an older motel but is kept really clean and had everything that we needed. If we ever go back to Bundaberg we will be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Wendy C, Owner at Oscar Motel Bundaberg, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for your kind words Carly. We pride ourselves on providing clean comfortable accommodation. We may not be the newest motel but we do try to maintain it nicely. We are glad you got to see the wonderful turtles nesting at a nearby beach. It would be great if you could come back in late January through to April to see the eggs you saw laid hatch into baby turtles.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Noosa Heads
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had the greatest experience here. I got a back spasm on my way home to Noosa and had to take forced stay in Bundy. I was so glad it was this motel I literally limped into. I was in terrible pain and the owners could not do enough for me. They made me breakfast, lunch and dinner for the three days I had to stay there. And the food was great. They got me a laptop so I could do some emails and checked on me nearly every hour. To see if i needed anything, as I could hardly move. I was a bit embarrassed at the care I was given. They even washed my clothes for me. I asked the lady owner (Wendy) if they were only new to the motel business as they were so focused on guest care. To my surprise they have been doing it for nearly 13 years and have another motel they run. To me who is an experienced motel stayer with my entertainment travels. This Motel is up there for care and cleanliness with any of the top places I have stayed. I will never forget their concern and care for me. It was above and beyond anything I have ever experienced in Australia. Thanks to the Owners of The Oscar. You made me feel like I was at home being cared for by people who actually know me. Thank you Mick McInerney.

Room Tip: Ask the owners for the middle room. That's the one I stayed in and it was great.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Mick for your kind comments. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, despite the circumstances that led you to stay here. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I made the mistake of paying for 3 nights in advance. When I arrived I was embarrassed this is where I booked myself and my gf to stay. I tried to cancel it but was told to bad no cancellation policy by the arrogant owner who made me wait for about 15mins at the counter before even serving us.
The pics on there website do not show how ugly this hotel is and how easy it is for people to walk of the street strait into your room. It is located at a set of lights on the main street so its unbelievably noisy. And I mean traffic noisy. Its still to far to walk up to the main part of town to the pubs and clubs and good restaurants.
I could go on for hours how bad this hotel was and how the owner wanted me to pay more on my final night for my gf staying as well. He tried to scam more money from my credit card but I would not let him so he called the cops and had me and my gf thrown out. We stayed at a far better place just around the corner and was way cheaper. The owner of the next hotel said we are more than welcome to stay even though he emailed every hotel warning them about us but they said it happens a lot and he is considered a joke and is always having issues with people that stay there.
Do not pay for this hotel in advance, do your homework there is way nicer at better rates. I was so glad we stayed the 3rd night elsewhere. Was a blessing in disguise.

Room Tip: Do not pay in advance, you'll be sorry when you rock up. Do your homework.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr C, your review here would be more meaningful if you included ALL the facts. Firstly you booked the cheapest room on line in Bundaberg that night, available for a minimum 3 night stay for 1 PERSON ONLY, through a third party discount booking site. The T&Cs clearly stated no cancellations and that there was an extra charge for additional people. When you arrived we were attending to other guests, and it only took a couple of minutes to finish assisting them before you were attended to, not 15 minutes as you claim. You were extremely rude and arrogant to our staff in the first instance and mentioned that you would not be staying the third night, long before you had gone to your room. We had actually upgraded you from a standard room to a deluxe room because we had a large group booked in who wanted to be altogether in the standard rooms. The room you were provided has recently been refubished with a new split system airconditioner, pillowtop bed, carpets, paint and soft furnishings. You did not complain about the standard or cleanliness of the room to us at all. If you had we would have done whatever we could to make you happy so we can only assume that there was nothing negative that you could show us about the room. Shortly after checking in you rang the booking site and were so rude and abusive to them that they rang us to warn of your temper. They told us they had never done that before but did so in this instance because your manner was quite frightening to them. It was they who told you about the no cancellation terms on the particular room type you booked, not us.
While you were here you were frequently heard swearing at and arguing with the person you were with. On the first morning you yelled obscenities at our room attendant who knocked on your door at 11am wanting to service your room. We also had a comment from a guest in the room next to yours about your noisy tirades.
On your third night you came to our office loudly claiming that the iron did not work (it has since been found to work perfectly). While one of us got you a new iron you were politely asked to pay the extra fee for the additional person. You flew into a rage and threw an out of date credit card across the counter at us. We asked you to calm down to which you replied with more obscenities and stormed out of the office, screaming rudely all the way back to your room. It was at that point we decided it was in the best interest of our other guests’ and staff safety that we call the Police and ask you to leave. We have been running this business successfully for the last 11.5 years and have never come across someone who has tried to intimidate people with screaming and obscenities like you did. In the best interests of our other guests we will not tolerate such disruptive, intimidating behaviour at our motel.
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is an old style motel. It was very noisy from the passing traffic, but the lovely fresh crisp linen on a comfortable bed made for a reasonable nights sleep. Although the bathroom and toilet are old, they were clean and tidy.The staff were very friendly. The room had beds for 5 people, plus a roll out if needed, so I guess it would be a cheap overnight for a family if needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tartu, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Double room was spacious, cozy and very clean.
Parking was just infront of the room, which is good if you're travelling with a lot of stuff.
It had everything we needed. Small fridge, tv, microwave, cups/plates/knives etc and things we didn't use like hairdryer, ironing board/iron, pool.

Few negative things too.
Wireless internet was really bad.
Some of the things looked old. Like haidryer or plastic table and chairs in front of the room. They were not broken or dirty. Just looked a bit worn.

To end with a positive note - there were couple complimentary cookies for us!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Furstenfeldbruck, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

We stayed at Oscar Motel for one night in a double room. It's a really nice and clean place. We liked the room and the spacious bathroom a lot. The street is a bit noisy at night, but it's not too bad. The trick is probably to try enough Bundaberg Rum before going to sleep, so you don't hear it ;-)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple