“Really Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wollongong Surf Leisure Resort

You added Wollongong Surf Leisure Resort to your Saves list
Wollongong Surf Leisure Resort
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   201 Pioneer Road | P.O. Box 372, Fairy Meadow, Wollongong, New South Wales 2519, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Wollongong B&B and Inns
Tunis, Tunisia
“Really Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I spent 5 Days with my family there, it was amaizing, the beach is really good, surfers everywhere, few shops (fish and ships not that far) and the people ( staff and other customers) are really sweet and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The Tourist flats were lovely and clean and it was a short walk to the beach. The main attraction for our family was the indoor pool, a real treat for the kids on a winter vacation. What a shame that they closed it for swimming lessons just as we arrived and did not open it again till 7pm (then because it was winter they closed it again at 7:30)! the lessons only took up half the pool so I would have thought they could have made the other half available to people who were paying to stay at the resort.... my daughter was very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Still spotlessly clean like our other visits and well maintained older property, still great staff and very warm pool for indoor winter swimming. We also enjoyed tennis each day, put put golf and riding bikes both north and south along the flat coastal path.
We utilized the communal BBQ's too and had dinner in the pub across the road.
The rooms can be a little noisy due to their construction but with kids you will be up yourselves anyway in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Ok, I don't want to be unfair here.
I bought a voucher for 2 nights accommodation at a "Resort" in Wollongong, at a Soccer club, fundraiser auction. I probably should have looked at their website or done some research before booking our dates, but as the voucher was soon to expire I just tacked the dates onto a trip we were having, up & down the East Coast thought we would finish up with a 2 night stay in this "Resort"
Since when is a Caravan park a Resort??
When we pulled up outside the room we were allocated I nearly died. The rooms were very dated and cheap looking. They were also very small. The entrance was directly into the main bedroom with bunk beds in the hallway between the main bedroom and the living / kitchen area. There was a large flat screen TV but the lounge was a wrap around, vinyl covered object. We put the bags inside and decided to take a look around at where we were going to eat out tonight.
The let down on my expectations of what the name was and what we were presented was just too much....
I went back and checked out again, forfeiting 2 nights accommodation.
To their credit the Manager called me when we were a couple of kilometres down the road, asking us to reconsider and did offer to upgrade us to a better room. But We had made the decision to just go home and be comfortable in out own surroundings in Southern Sydney, after almost two weeks travelling away.
I imagine in peak season with warm weather this place would be perfect for young families. Unfortunately that first impression was just the tipping point for us and we just needed to get out of there and be at home.
I cant comment on the value - I don't know what they charge. I did pay what felt like a lot at auction for the voucher, but that was when I thought we were going to a "Resort". Our room also backed up to the main road so I was thinking we were in for a noisy, sleepless night.
It did hurt a little, just walking away, but the decision to cut our losses and salvage the last couple of day of our holiday at home, now seems like the correct one.

Room Tip: Try to be away from the main road. (Look at the park map)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Great location and good facilities. I was there on business but would be a great place to take the family. The rooms were neat and tidy, indoor swimming pool, mini golf, tennis courts, it's close to the beach and has a great pub across the road. We had meals provided for our conference and the meals were basic but very nice. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My two granddaughters and I just had two nights here, and are glad to recommend for anyone seeking privacy, ease of booking and services provided for such a reasonable price.

What a pleasant environment on the resort grounds, beautifully kept, inside and out, rules are very basic, full marks for normal pleasantness and 'low attitude'. You really feel your time is for you to spend as you wish.

And with the escarpment rising in the background and the shoreline edged with bush to ride through...we wanted to stay.

And great towels.

Room Tip: The standard appears so consistent you only need to say numbers...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We spent two nights at the Surf Liesure Resort and had a ball. The accommodation was old, but well maintained, the position, close to the beach and local shops couldn't have been better. The park was well maintained. Our package included dinner and breakfast and was good value. Our room could have accommodated up to eight people in comfort, but a friend with two kids took the more expensive room with high ceilings, huge living area and balcony plus bbq and it was really impressive and would be our choice next time.

Room Tip: Take the more expensive option, it was worth it if there is a group of you
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Wollongong Surf Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!