“Triple Threat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Char Char Bar & Grill

Char Char Bar & Grill
WIN Stadium | Shop 4, 49 Harbour Street, Wollongong, New South Wales 2500, Australia
+61 1300 433 432
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 257 Restaurants in Wollongong
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: From our flame grilled steaks to our house favourite rack of ribs we welcome you to share our passion for exquisite cuisine and amazing service. The cornerstone of our menu is our exclusive BULU basting, the legend of this secret recipe dates back to ancient tribes. We have an equal dedication to our unique Australian surroundings and references to our African heritage.
Sydney, Australia
“Triple Threat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Great food, great service, great ambience! I enjoyed a medium-rare rump steak with the Bulu sauce, cooked to perfection. The glass of Char Char's house red, recommended by the lovely host Lisa complimented the meal well. To finish, my friends and I shared the pear & ricotta tart and the chocolate mousse, both were equally divine.
Great experience for all celebrations, gatherings or intimate dining.
Would recommend, and would visit again!
Thank you, Char Char!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Penrith, Australia
“Not bad food, not great location.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Dined recently recommended by our hotel, food ok however pricey, considering your sitting on the foot path , service very slow, had to go the bar to order drinks

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“ Delicious ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Dined at char char last Thursday with some friends, the food was absolutely Devine, pork ribs were tender and flavoursome. Service was attentive and prompt. The vibe was relaxed yet cool. Well done we will be back!

Wollongong, Australia
“Doesn't deserve a spot in the top 5.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I went here with my wife and brother. I am by no means a critic, but I have had a better Burger at Grill'd for $13 than what was served up to me for $22 at this place. I received someone else's order and when I tried to rectify THEIR mistake they made me feel it was somehow my fault. My wife's chicken was drier than the Sahara. The chips served with the Burger were average. Ive had better at a take away.
Service was not at all attentive. I had to go to the bar several times for any kind of service. Obviously won't be back and would not recommend. If this is what travellers rate as number 3 I'd hate to try anything lower...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mt St Thomas, Australia
“Steaks were cooked as requested”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We visited the Char Char Bar & Grill on Boxing Day for dinner, as we were looking for somewhere different and casual for dinner. We both ordered steaks to be cooked med/rare and for the first time in a long time, we received our steaks cooked med/rare and were not dry out. The atmosphere, is what you expect from a Bar & Grill, casual and relax and the staff were friendly.
I ordered the Char Char Cocktail and found it refreshing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere