I stayed here recently for one night on a business trip. My room was quite spacious for two people to move around and included a sofa, coffee table and a desk. The living room decor was quite modern and had obviously been updated since I last stayed there 15 years ago! The bathroom was relatively large and had plenty of towels. Only downside to the room was that my pillow had a faint smell of smoke, but the bed itself was quite comfortable. View wasn't too bad - distant water views, but some of my colleagues complained they were overlooking a roof area which was quite drab.
I ate at the hotel restaurant for breakfast and lunch (buffet style). It was ok, nothing flash and certainly not worth the money if you were paying full price for it ($30 for breakfast and $39 for week-day lunch). Everything was edible, just not that inspiring.
Had a drink in the bar after dinner elsewhere - it was nice to sit outside on a warm evening. Strange that they were closing the bar at midnight when there must have been at least 30 people still in the bar.
I went to have a swim in the pool at about 1730 and found it deserted, most likely because it was in the shade and really windy. Weird then that I walked across the road to the beach (the direction the wind was coming from) and had a really great swim with no discernible wind. Had another beach swim in the morning and it was also great.
Overall, not a bad place to stay if you want to spend some time at the beach and the nearby park (heaps of people exercising).
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Wollongong Northbeach Hotel Wollongong
- Novotel Wollongong Northbeach Hotel
- Accor Wollongong Northbeach
- Novotel Wollongong
- Wollongong Novotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just one and a half hours south of Sydney in the beautiful Illawarra, Novotel Wollongong Northbeach is one of New South Wales’s most popular getaway and business venues. Situated opposite North Wollongong beach, the 4 1/2 star hotel boasts 204 accommodation rooms and spa suites featuring stunning ocean and mountain views. The hotel caters for both the leisure and business traveller, offering a range of facilities and services including a swimming pool, spa, sauna, fitness centre, day spa, restaurant and two bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Novotel Wollongong Northbeach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.