“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wollongong Keiraleagh Backpackers

Wollongong Keiraleagh Backpackers
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wollongong
Wollongong Keiraleagh Backpackers
You added Wollongong Keiraleagh Backpackers to your Saves list
60 Kembla Street, Wollongong, New South Wales 2500, Australia   |
Wollongong, Australia
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Was here for a few months. A great place to meet other travelers and much more welcoming than the large hostels (YHA and such) that exists. As a previous commenter had said, this is in a great location - near the beach, mall, and Woolie's. There is also a free bus route nearby; about one street away. In reference to the previous comments, when I was there a young lady doing maintenance worked hard at cleaning the place every day but with the amount of people that go through there it would not be possible for it to be spotless at every moment.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here while I was an exchange student in Wollongong and I couldn't have been happier! Extremely comfortable, welcoming and laid back. Large beer garden out back (BYO) is a breezy, beautiful common area. Other tenants were friendly & fun, and the family that runs the place is helpful and accommodating. The house is right downtown - beach, clubs/bars, rugby stadium, shopping, and a good local brewery are all within a few blocks. Scenic, 20 minute bus commute to the university & Mt Keira.

Room Tip: Front side/upstairs of the house is quieter, downstairs/back rooms closer to the party
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Reedham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is definitely the best and most fun hostel I have stayed in, really enjoyed my time here. I ended up staying 6 weeks after only planning on a staying for 3 days! Met some great people and the long term residents are really fun and the staff ave very friendly. Definitely recommend this hostel! I plan on returning there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Recently stayed here over Easter. Staff are lovely and helpful, nothing is too much for them to do. Layed back place to stay and the area out back with the wooden benches is a great place to catch up with other guests. Good location close to all tourists things. The room we were in was clean and tidy. Bathroom were the same. Would stay here again when next in Wollongong.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to this backpackers for over 18 months on a weekly basis. I spend two or three nights here, and recently stayed continuously for a month. During this time my wife and 4 children also came and stayed with me. We had a room to ourselves with ensuite, and door leading out to the outdoor "lounge room". What a perfect set-up for us! We were able to enjoy the evening with everyone and could conveniently take care of our kids at the same time. I've always found the rooms to be clean and tidy, with fresh sheets, and clean showers and toilets. The owner and her family that make up the staff have always been very friendly towards me and as I have sleep apnea, are very accommodating with my needs. As long as I am coming to Wollongong, I'll be staying at this hostel. 100% value for money!!

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The bathrooms weren't the cleanest but they weren't that bad either. The other residents were very friendly as well as the staff. One down point was the dog crap that was stepped on sometimes but it gets cleaned up pretty quickly. Not being a franchise like YHA hostels they can't afford to fix something as fast as they would want too but its still a very nice place to stay I had a lot of fun there and would definitely stay there again

• Stayed March 2013
Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed in Keiraleagh, while I was trying to find my own apartment whilst going to uni. The owners are lovely, friendly people and the people there were very welcoming. Overall I really loved my experience in the backpackers, it was a nice laid back place and I would definitely stay there again
Yes it might have it's issues; it is an old building but it's really close to the beach and mall, on the free bus line and an awesome price. Best in Wollongong!

Room Tip: If you want a better night sleep I would suggest staying in the four bed dorm instead of the six. T...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Wollongong Keiraleagh Backpackers? Share your experiences!