“Pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Forster
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Enjoyed a superb lunch of a Lamb Backstrap and a Chilli Garlick Prawn with a delicious Garlic Bread..... Brilliant, thoroughly recommend!
Michael and Deirdre

Sydney, Australia
“great pizzas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

we ordered take out and had it in our room at clarendon forest retreat , very very yummy ! fantastic pizzas !

Visited May 2014
Bellingen, Australia
“Good find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

When I am on the road it is awesome when you come across a place like this in a town where you would not expect it. This is the sort of restaurant that would not be out of place in one of the Australian capital cities. Beautifully fitted out with an eye to the details. Decent selection of dishes, with good flavors. Service was ok, but not great.

Newcastle, Australia
“Very unpleasant experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and 2 children went for dinner last Saturday night at this restaurant. We were seated on one of the tables next to the bar near the front door. Being next to the bar was not an issue but the front door was open and we were all very cold whilst sitting there. We asked the waitress to close the door and we were told that she couldn't as the owner doesn't allow it as it makes out the restaurant is closed even though there were a number of set tables on the footpath. The table next to us also complained about the door being open and were told the same excuse!!! After several conversations re the open door and the fact we were paying customers and were uncomfortable the barman finally made a descision and closed the door. Our meals finally arrived and 2 of us were served the wrong mains. One of our daughters is disabled and couldn't understand why her meal was taken from her and she ended up being very emotional and upset. Once the correct mains arrived my wifes meal ended up being cold and my disabled daughter didn't end up eating much as she was to upset. At the end of the evening when I went to pay the bill I was asked if everything was ok, which I obviously answered as per above and as a result I paid the bill minus compensation that I thought was fiar due to the experience. The manager couldn't understand this and we were told not to come back to the resteraunt again in which I replied "There was no risk of coming back at all".
One of the worst dining experiences we have ever had!!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“This gem was a pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were passing through Taree in search of breakfast on our way back home to Sydney. The bright pink tables on the footpath caught our eye, so we decided The Sicilian looked inviting. And so it was! The staff at front of house were very engaging and concerned for our comfort. I was won over by the scrambled eggs on a Turkish bread roll with roasted tomato, baby spinach and pan roasted mushrooms. It was cooked to perfection, the eggs creamy and folded, topped with a scattering of baby rocket leaves adding a peppery punch. My man ordered raisin toast which arrived lavishly buttered - just how he likes it. I saw him eyeing my breakfast and had to call on him to help me finish, so generous was the serving. With two perfect coffees to finish the meal, we were perfectly sated and finished the last hours of our trip with happy tummies and smiles on our faces.

• Visited April 2014