“Nice stay but could do with a makeover” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn Marco Polo
30 - 32 Crescent Avenue, Taree, New South Wales 2430, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 16 hotels in Taree
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice stay but could do with a makeover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Nice breakfast, friendly staff, ample parking. As with most motels it could do with a makeover but if aesthetics don't bother you then this was an above average motel and breakfast was nice. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Recently traveled from Sydney to Port Macquarie on a business trip, stayed in Marco Polo Comfort Inn Motel in Taree. Very clean rooms, enjoyed a lovely meal, and relaxed in river bbq area to the rear of the motel, very peaceful to drink a beer and relax. Good service and large room. Next time will stay again, thank you to the staff for their excellent service and warm welcome.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rockhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Fellow travellers, I stay in a lot hotels & motels with my work around Australia. I have found the
Comfort Inn Marco Polo at Taree to be one of the most cleanest and well serviced accomodation centre's to stay in. Hosts Tony & Michelle Boyton do a wonderful job, nothing is never a promblem on request. I recomend the Comfort Inn Marco Polo in Taree as your place of stay when in this part world.

Cheers

Russell Leonard

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

great place to stay, very friendly n obliging staff - with updated rooms n 100% cleanliness with a great BBQ area n fishing available as well as a wonderful pool area -close to great restaurants, clubs n shops - would highly recommend it !!!

• Stayed September 2011
Cessnock, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed in a 'deluxe' room last Saturday night after arriving late in Taree. Went straight out to dinner after checking in & it wasn't until we arrived back that we found the toilet didn't work properly.

Too late to do anything that night but were told after notifying the problem the next morning 'that's no good' . No offer of an alternate bathroom or even an apology.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
frostTaree, Manager at Comfort Inn Marco Polo, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
It was very upsetting to get this review about one of our rooms, the guest did not let us know until they checked out the next morning and we are hear all the time so if we had know we could of put them in another room and as far as a blocked toilet this can happen at any time and place, even in our own home. We did apologise and the problem has been fixed.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights from 24 June in a Deluxe Room which are spacious, quite, and recently renovated. Very comfortable. Also stayed here in October 2011. Anthony & Michelle Boyton are great host. Will stay again

Stayed June 2012
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My company on a fairly regular basis booked staff into this motel so, when I had to be in Taree for business myself, I was happy to be booked there too. What I expected was what I got: a thirty plus year old motel with adequate facilities for a short stay and a reasonable if not astonishingly low tariff (is $99 a night for a fairly basic motel in Taree reasonable?). I did go to the somewhat sad restaurant and ate a somewhat more sad meal but even that was okay and room service dinner the next night was better. Maybe on the second night I was more lucky in my choice from the menu.

Having had a perfectly acceptable experience I suggested that my wife overnight there on her way to Brisbane. Her experience did not match mine. She was given a room that hadn't been renovated and was horrified to discover that she had to share the night with dowdy furnishings, a banging and wheezing old air conditioner and bird lice in the bathroom. Now we all know that things happen, and I guess the budget can be tight if you're running a country motel, nevertheless a display of genuine concern when told of the issues might have helped. It would also have been good to have be warned that the room she was going into hadn't been renovated. She also paid more than I did.

My wife wasn't impressed and relayed her thoughts on the matter to me at some justified length. The end result is that staff of my company will now not be booked into this motel. I'd suggest that if you do stay here you make certain that you'll be put into a renovated room. If you do - and you avoid the restaurant - you're stay here will probably be fine.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room. The rooms on the right near the front of the motel are apparently the ones no...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
frostTaree, Manager at Comfort Inn Marco Polo, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
We are very sorry that this guest did not enjoy their stay we us, we are trying very hard to get all our rooms renovated, we have half of our 20 room motel done at this time and our working towards the others. Regarding to bird lice in the bathroom as this room was upstairs and a very small hole in tiles was the cause which has now upon being told has been fixed. As this guest requested a room for 3 and being very busy on this night in question was our only room left. The tariff is very reasonable, we are very happly to accept guest thoughts on the stay that they have we us and I think that this review is very harsh with all our previous guest being very happy with their stay and very happy with the Restaurant thats why they keep comming back.

Been to Comfort Inn Marco Polo? Share your experiences!