“Hospitable hosts; charming decor.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plumes On The Green

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamworth
Plumes On The Green
25 The Ringers Road, Tamworth, New South Wales 2340, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Tamworth B&B and Inns
Uki, Australia
“Hospitable hosts; charming decor.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night only on a business trip. Nola and her husband were the most hospitable hosts. Despite my late arrival I was offered dinner, dessert, wine or a cuppa - I was disappointed that I had already eaten as the other house guests seemed to be having a lovely time in the dining room.

Breakfast is offered in the morning, but alas I missed that too due to an early meeting.

The room was very quiet, comfortable and tastefully decorated, and looked out over the adjoining golf course.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Couldn't have been more impressed, not only by the establishment but with the whole experience. The place is spotless, the hosts Nola & Greg, make you feel extremely welcome .
This is top quality country style living at its best.
We were travelling with our American friends and were exhausted after a long drive. Nola offered to cook dinner for us.... lots of choices and absolutely delicious (an addition charge but very reasonable). Breakfast was full of amazing home cooked choices - it was hard to decide just what to have. Again all delicious.
The rooms we stayed in were not huge but more than adequate and the little touches (the beautiful Country Living magazines in the bedside table, the cotton make up remover pads in a beautiful container on the vanity, the water jug & glasses, etc) were a nice addition.
We have spent 5 weeks travelling through Qld & NSW, and we all agreed "Plumbes on the Green" was one of our highlights.
If we go back to Tamworth, Plumes is where I would want to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great rooms in this purpose built B&B.
Greg and Nola make you feel very welcome and their happy hour is a great idea where we met other travelers and shared experiences. Nola's cooking is a great homely touch as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

It was a stop-over on the way back to Sydney. Decided to go back to this B&B that I experienced eight years ago. Nola & Greg are great Hosts and became my Good Friends from my 2004 trip.
Coming back was great and Nola had a room for me. On arrival I was surprised to find that she had upgraded me to the spa room. I throughly enjoyed the spa and the sleep was great.
The Breakfast next morning was superb.
Oh yes, the Cheese & WIne time the previous Evening was great. Its is that time where the Host & Guest connect and interact.
Glad I came back. The next visit will be sooner and definitely not after a long gap.

Room Tip: A Great Oasis in a far away place
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Everything about Plumes is as you would expect from a high quality B&B. Nothing is any trouble. Nola and Greg anticipate what you need. I have stayed on a regular basis and standards and service are consistently superb. It is a treat to share a drink and dinner with other guests. In all my travels it would hard to find a place which was as comfortable, with excellent hospitality and the rooms are lovely.

Room Tip: Rooms looking onto golf course have lovely outlook.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Wonderful place - wonderful people - best breakfast.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely - next time we would choose a spa room again.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I travel extensively and have yet to find a more completely delightful experience on Australian shores for a bargain price. I researched as always on Trip Advisor and it sounded too good to be true, but after staying 2 nights I can confirm the value is better than some of the old worn out hotels are charging because of all of the extras thrown in.
The rooms are really huge and beautifully decorated. The huge carved wooden bed had top quality bed linen (bath robes in the cupboard too), each room is themed in a particular bird eg we had the Rosella room and even the water jug containing purified water had a Rosella painted on it, you can have a spa room for only $10 more. (As a keen bird watcher I was delighted to view many different parrots visiting the fountain outside the dining room each day).
In the evening there is a free drink and cheese platter so guests can mingle which was fun and a nice touch.
Nola's home cooked breakfast is VERY good and that was included as well, so price wise we were better off than staying in a motel. Nola's home made pumpkin soup is to die for, the evening meal was served in the elegant dining room, the whole place feels very posh. Website photos are exactly as it is in real life. Nola and Greg are great hosts and it was lovely to be given a hug from Nola when we left. I wish Tamworth wasn't so far away so we could enjoy it all again.
PS I read the one bad review and checked it out. Those people booked on wotif.com and then complained about paying for breakfast (which is clearly stated on that website as not being included in the wotif price, so they should not whinge about it on trip advisor), we booked directly with Nola and Greg and breakfast, as well as the free evening drink and cheese platter were included. (And Nola's pumpkin soup only cost $8.00) They charge so little for such a great experience. Thank you for making our stay one to be always remembered. Jan and Becky.

Room Tip: We had a lovely big room at the front (the B and B is a long way from the highway noise unlike many...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Plumes On The Green? Share your experiences!