“Excellent Port” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Centro Port Macquarie

You added Mercure Centro Port Macquarie to your Saves list
Mercure Centro Port Macquarie
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   103 William Street, Port Macquarie, New South Wales 2444, Australia   |
Special Offer
Hot Deals!
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Port Macquarie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in a standard queen balcony room.

The hotel is very conveniently located for exploring Port Macquarie's town centre - supermarkets, shops, bars and restaurants are all located within a short walk's distance.

Staff were consistently friendly and helpful, and I enjoyed chatting with them.

The bed and pillows were great also, and I had a very comfortable night's sleep on both nights.

The only niggle I found during my stay was being charged the room service fee when I picked up the food from reception and brought it up to my room myself. I feel that should've been waived. Just a minor niggle, really, but still a niggle :)

Overall, it was an average but comfortable and welcoming stay, and I would recommend it if there was a good deal available off the standard rack rate.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Centrohotel, Front Office Manager at Mercure Centro Port Macquarie, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Luckystar81

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Centro Port Macquarie. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, I do apologise that you were charged the room service fee after picking up your meal, I believe this would have been a small oversight as we do not charge guests in that situation. We will ensure this does happen upon your next stay. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed as a stop-over on our way from Sydney to Brisbane. The room (316) was spacious and the bed comfortable. I didn't sleep very well due to a high pitched mechanical sound from outside which persisted for most of the night. The room presents well, but I was disappointed to see the carpet had not been vacuumed. There were obvious threads and what seemed to be crumbs on the floor in several spots. The bathroom floor had longish black hair on the floor as well as nail clippings and again, crumbs? next to the bin. The cleaner must have forgotten to do the floors. Also, one of the teaspoons left for tea/coffee making was dirty (it was sticky and had the obvious signs of having been used). Not a great first impression upon arrival, as you then inspect everything!! As others have said on here, it is surprising that a large modern hotel in this day and age doesn't have free wi fi in the rooms, when several smaller motels do. Also the lack of biscuits (usually provided) was noticed! The reception staff upon our departure was friendly. Also, we received a helpful and friendly courtesy call from reception prior to our arrival, as we were due after closing time, which was really appreciated. We would consider staying again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mountainvisitor2013

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We are currently in the process of installing Wifi in our rooms which will be free for our guests. We do provide it free currently in our Lobby and Bar areas.

We hope you will provide us the oppurtunity to serve you in the future.

Kind regards
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

we bought a mid week deal at the Mercure Port Macquarie and were very pleased with our stay, the staff really friendly and helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable, we had a room looking over the pool at the back of the hotel and had a nice quiet stay, would use this hotel again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Centrohotel, Front Office Manager at Mercure Centro Port Macquarie, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Ray380

Kind regards
Mercure Centro Hotel

Been to Mercure Centro Port Macquarie? Share your experiences!