Being a family of avid walkers the Observatory Hotel was perfect for us distance wise from the township of Port Macquarie.
Our 2 bedroom apartment was fantastic, roomy and the balcony with the ocean view was brilliant.
We did our shopping at the local market so we could cook our own food to cut down on budgetary costs of the trip, it was worth it because the kitchen was fully stack with all that we needed and more.
Only downfall is that the incovience of room service or the knowledge of what restaurants deliver to the Observatory, if any do, that information would be handy if you want to order in for the night. Other than Pizza that is.
All in all we had a great stay there, all the facilites were fantastic, Port Macquarie is a great town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the spectacular ocean views at The Observatory Hotel, located opposite Port Macquarie's Town Beach and only a short riverside stroll into the town centre. Choose from 1, 2 & 3 bedroom open plan apartments, hotel rooms or luxury penthouses all with contemporary finishes and state-of-the-art appliances. The Observatory is the region's most awarded apartment hotel - winning the most pretigious Australian Property of the Year Award at the 2010 Hotel & Motel Accommodation Association Awards for Excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Observatory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Resort Port Macquarie