My partner and I stayed at The Observatory Hotel in Port MacQuarie in January 2013. From the description of the hotel on their website I was expecting a lot. However, it didn't live up to my expectations and I would stay elsewhere if visiting Port MacQuarie again.
Good size overall apartment (1 bedroom)
Extremely small bathroom
No air-conditioning in bedroom
A good 20 minute walk to heart of town
Indoor pool should be re-named "Kiddie" Pool
We stayed on the first floor, so very little view. Couples above us stayed out on balcony past midnight (which is fine by me as it was a beautiful night) but they were so loud we couldn't hear ourselves speak on the balcony below so had to retreat indoors and shut the french doors.
We visited Rydges whilst in Port MacQuarie and we would stay there next time, closer to town, on beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the spectacular ocean views at The Observatory Hotel, located opposite Port Macquarie's Town Beach and only a short riverside stroll into the town centre. Choose from 1, 2 & 3 bedroom open plan apartments, hotel rooms or luxury penthouses all with contemporary finishes and state-of-the-art appliances. The Observatory is the region's most awarded apartment hotel - winning the most pretigious Australian Property of the Year Award at the 2010 Hotel & Motel Accommodation Association Awards for Excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Observatory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Resort Port Macquarie