I recently surprised my husband making a last minute booking for dinner and a night in one of the Waterview Rooms to celebrate our anniversary. We live in the area and hadn't stayed here since our wedding night 26 years ago. The resort hasn't changed much but is clean and tidy and slowly being modernised. The staff were kind and helpful. Our room looked straight up the river, with a great view of a beautiful sunset. Our bed was enormous and comfy. Linen was clean and fresh smelling. Air con was lovely.Bathroom was functional with shower in bath.
We tried Spinnakers Restaurant for dinner, we had a table overlooking the marina and gardens, it was lovely seeing the lights of Port Macquarie across the river.The restaurant staff were very quick and efficient, the meal was tasty.
After dinner we relaxed in the spa- what a fantastic way to end our day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges on Pelican Bay - Port Macquarie's only absolute waterfront resort. Whether you're travelling for work or play we will endeavour to make your stay relaxed and comfortable. Enjoy the relaxed, tranquil setting and experience the highest level of service and leisure facilities, now with Free Unlimited Wi-Fi. Our Port Macquarie Hotel has 83 fully appointed rooms provide room service and 24 hour reception for our guests.Conveniently located a few minutes from the CBD. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges Hotel provides easy access to the Glasshouse entertainment venue, main beach, shops, restaurants, bars and night spots. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges is a unique venue providing professional conference facilities in tranquil surroundings. Every conference, meeting and event is tailored to suit your need. Our Port Macquarie Hotel offers 6 versatile meeting rooms, catering for up to 150 delegates. Our experienced team will personally manage your event from the initial enquiry through to the successful completion. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges is half a day's drive north from Sydney and three hours from Newcastle. Port Macquarie is serviced by multiple daily flights from Sydney and Brisbane. Travelling by car from Sydney, follow the Pacific Highway and take the Port Macquarie exit turning right onto Hastings River Drive. Follow this road until you reach a roundabout and turn left into Park Street. Complimentary parking is available in the resort's off-street private car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sails Resort Port Macquarie - by Rydges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Resort Sails Hotel Port Macquarie
- Quality Hotel Port Macquarie
- Quality Inn Port Macquarie