This was our third year in a row staying here. We love it because we find it relaxing - kids swim in the pool while I can read nearby hubby fishes off the jetty. Shopping centre straight across the road is good too. We arrived late afternoon & checked in. We had requested a room where we had stayed previously however this hadn't been noticed. I asked about changing (which was difficult due to bookings for the next night). The ladies at reception put in a great effort to work it out for us & we ended up close to where we want to be - we were very grateful for their efforts. And the rooms we like are overlooking the playground. We can sit outside our room & the kids can play happily. There's also tennis & a very dodgy old mini golf course (it's still fun though). The rooms are dated but very clean. Kids got a single bed each. Kitchenette was perfect - big fridge & a microwave. Table & chairs too. Parking is free. Overall, this is not a big fancy resort, we didn't notice any difference since the Rydges takeover, but the staff are friendly and we find it really relaxing.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Resort Sails Hotel
- Quality Resort Sails Hotel Port Macquarie
- Quality Hotel Port Macquarie
- Quality Inn Port Macquarie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges on Pelican Bay - Port Macquarie's only absolute waterfront resort. Whether you're travelling for work or play we will endeavour to make your stay relaxed and comfortable.Enjoy the relaxed, tranquil setting and experience the highest level of service and leisure facilities. Our Port Macquarie Hotel has 83 fully appointed rooms provide room service and 24 hour reception for our guests.Conveniently located a few minutes from the CBD. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges Hotel provides easy access to the Glasshouse entertainment venue, main beach, shops, restaurants, bars and night spots.Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges is a unique venue providing professional conference facilities in tranquil surroundings. Every conference, meeting and event is tailored to suit your need. Our Port Macquarie Hotel offers 6 versatile meeting rooms, catering for up to 150 delegates. Our experienced team will personally manage your event from the initial enquiry through to the successful completion. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges is half a day's drive north from Sydney and three hours from Newcastle. Port Macquarie is serviced by multiple daily flights from Sydney and Brisbane. Travelling by car from Sydney, follow the Pacific Highway and take the Port Macquarie exit turning right onto Hastings River Drive. Follow this road until you reach a roundabout and turn left into Park Street. Complimentary parking is available in the resort's off-street private car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Venere and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Sails Resort Port Macquarie - by Rydges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.