We were in a lovely deluxe room overlooking the pool and river. The room was set out well so that using the bathroom or kitchenette didn't disturb anyone sleeping. You also couldn't hear any noise from neighbours, in particular you couldn't hear any shower or toilets operating. The pool area was great although some additional umbrellas wouldn't go astray. It's an easy walk to shops and entertainment. The staff were very helpful. I was able to keep my kayak in a vacant conference room. The jetty at the front was handy and I was also able to walk my kayak 150m north or south to launch it. The internal/external Koi Carp pool and the big water dragons (lizards) that sometimes sat around it provided additional interest. We thought that Sails was amongst the best of this type of accommodation that we have stayed in. We will be back for sure.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Resort Sails Hotel
- Quality Resort Sails Hotel Port Macquarie
- Quality Hotel Port Macquarie
- Quality Inn Port Macquarie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges on Pelican Bay - Port Macquarie's only absolute waterfront resort. Whether you're travelling for work or play we will endeavour to make your stay relaxed and comfortable.Enjoy the relaxed, tranquil setting and experience the highest level of service and leisure facilities. Our Port Macquarie Hotel has 83 fully appointed rooms provide room service and 24 hour reception for our guests.Conveniently located a few minutes from the CBD. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges Hotel provides easy access to the Glasshouse entertainment venue, main beach, shops, restaurants, bars and night spots.Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges is a unique venue providing professional conference facilities in tranquil surroundings. Every conference, meeting and event is tailored to suit your need. Our Port Macquarie Hotel offers 6 versatile meeting rooms, catering for up to 150 delegates. Our experienced team will personally manage your event from the initial enquiry through to the successful completion. Sails Resort Port Macquarie by Rydges is half a day's drive north from Sydney and three hours from Newcastle. Port Macquarie is serviced by multiple daily flights from Sydney and Brisbane. Travelling by car from Sydney, follow the Pacific Highway and take the Port Macquarie exit turning right onto Hastings River Drive. Follow this road until you reach a roundabout and turn left into Park Street. Complimentary parking is available in the resort's off-street private car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Sails Resort Port Macquarie - by Rydges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.