“Incorrect restaurant name” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Whoosh Cafe & Bar

Whoosh Cafe & Bar
138 William St | Opposite Food For Less, Port Macquarie, New South Wales 2444, Australia (Formerly French Quarter)
+61 468 344 544
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great Meals At Great Prices
“Incorrect restaurant name”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I can't find how to contact you, so in desperation I am using this venue.
I recently reviewed Village Cafe, 138 William St, Port Macquarie which you have now punished as Whoosh Cafe - incorrectly.
The business was sold some months ago and is now trading as Village Cafe, so I would appreciate it if you would amend this post.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
strahn, Manager at Whoosh Cafe & Bar, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
In response to the last review and you are quite correct. The Whoosh Cafe & Bar is no longer operational and is closed. The Palm court motor inn on-site restaurant is under new management and is now The Village Cafe & Restaurant. I have asked Trip Advisor to remove Whoosh information and myself personally have tried editing in our website and adding our up-dated information for The Village Cafe & Restaurant. So Why can't I do this???

Sydney, Australia
“We'll be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Last Saturday night (23rd Nov) we had one of the best meals we have ever had in Port Macquarie! My wife's encrusted veal and vegetables were cooked to perfection and my garlic and chilli prawns were delicious, with just the right amount of heat from the chilli. To my sheer delight there was a very generous 12 prawns in the serving! New chef, Adam, was most obliging and accommodated my request to have the prawn dish in a tomato base rather than the creamy white wine sauce indicated in the menu. Service was friendly and the wait indicative of the meals being cooked to order. We will definitely return when next in Port Macquarie!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, Australia
“Don't go....just awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We took the last few reviews into account unfortunately!

The waitress was WAY too loud and over gracious.....I did say at that point to my husband perhaps we should leave! Two guys who seemed to be involved in the restaurant had their heads in phones at the bar, and took no interest in anything but their phones. At one point one of them did yell out "service" and then banged on something to get the waitresses attention!!.

The music was loud radio music, but that could not be changed as "the last waitress had taken their music"???? Ipod music perhaps?

The food.... brown topped broccoli with a tinge of mould and warm raw carrots and beans. The sauce on the veal tasted like it was out of a jar.

After expressing our displeasure with the meal we were charged full price.

The waitress was trying way too hard, and had obviously no experience with eating or serving in a restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Definately worth trying!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had read mixed reviews about Whoosh, probably from past experiences from the Bayleaf. So thought I'd go and get my own impressions - AND I'm so glad I did. Scrap what you may have heard in the past, Whoosh is definately somewhere I'd recommend to anyone who wants a great feed at a good price.
Relaxing environment with a tropical feel and friendly approachable staff, there was no waiting around for service and service was always served with a smile.
Our meal was served promptly and cooked to perfection, and given my husband and I both had seafood meals, we both can confidently rate our meals up there with the likes of Scampi's.
For a fixed price of under $30 for your meal, a drink and garlic bread, you can't go wrong,especially for very reasonable portioned dinners. The only drawback was the lack of desert, though I soon fixed that with a cocktail, and yet again, no dissappointment. Highly recommend you try their "Whoosh" xx
I for one will be returning again and again and I would urge locals and visitors to atleast give it a go and see for yourselves.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“New owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went for lunch again today.
Still very quiet at lunchtime but apparently evenings are picking up well according to Colin.
Ask him to make his special cocktail!
Food good but due for a seasonal update, too much of Steve, the previous owner. This will be happening shortly.
I fully agree with PaoloCaldo, Whoosh deserves a better deal.

• Visited May 2013