We stayed for three nights in a one bedroom room - and had an absolutely amazing stay.
We were on three weeks holiday traveling south from Brisbane to wherever we felt, stopping over at different towns for several days at a time. Our stay at Port Macquarie was on the return during the last week and was a second trip to the delightful town.
Although we had some issues with the swipe entry to the carpark, the service, cleanliness and presentation of the whole hotel made up for it. The whole experience far outdid our expectations - beautiful polished stainless, spotless glass, perfect pool and gym - it was easy to lose track of time and hard to find reasons to leave.
The one bedroom included a full kitchen (including large bar fridge and an oven), lounge room and large balcony. Condiments included plunger coffee and great tea. With Coles less then five minutes walk away, we prepared all of our meals at the room.
I very much recommend spending time in the heated lap pool - maintained beautifully, with glass fencing which overlooks the Hastings River towards Settlement Point. There are also deck lounge chairs so you can dry off and get some sun. The gym was equally perfect, fully equipped including sauna, shower, treadmill, cross-trainer, cycle and weights machines, looking out towards one of the oldest churches in NSW. On this same roof there is also a very well maintained guest barbecue area with several tables and chairs - beautiful for an evening meal with a great view.
Free wireless broadband internet (unlimited) was also great - the first time we could hop onto Youtube or use Skype to call our friends/family in a while. TVs in both the lounge room and bedroom were very small for the size / position in the room - but why would you go on holiday to watch TV, right? Ducted air con was silent and quickly chilled the large rooms. All of the facilities / rooms smelt fresh - no smell of cleaner/chemicals in the air - which was a nice change.
Location was also fantastic - only a few minutes walk to the RSL and Marina. River cruises and boat/kayak hires are the cheapest rates on the east coast - great fun for all.
All the staff were very friendly - and had exceptional customer focus, constantly looking for feedback and ways to make this a better stay. The mini room service was great - replacing all of the condiments / clean towels / etc. without any charge.
We have had a number of stays in Mantra hotels throughout the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast, and Mantra Quayside was by far the best of the chain. We thoroughly recommend them - if we get an opportunity to return to Port Macquarie, we'll definitely be staying here.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Quayside Apartments Port Macquarie Hotel Port Macquarie
- Mantra Quayside Apartments Port Macquarie Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the CBD, Quayside Apartments provide convenient access to all Port has to offer. Facilities include: rooftop heated swimming pool, fully equipped gym, sauna, rooftop entertainment area, rooftop barbecue facilities, guest laundry on each floor with washing machine and dryer, lifts to all floors, on-site security system, friendly on-site management, free WiFi and free undercover secure parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Mantra Quayside Apartments Port Macquarie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.