“Delish!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Delish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I needed an early dinner in order to finish some business and to make sure I was back at my lodgings in time for My Kitchen Rules. Bit sad but these things happen when you're on business alone. So I chose Scampis and it was a wonderful choice. The service was warm and friendly, as well as being efficient. I started with scallops wrapped in prosciutto on top of a cauliflower purée. The only thing I didn't like was the mustard smear. The scallops were cooked to perfection...yum! Then I had the crispy skin barramundi on top of greens and jacket potatoes with an onion/ olive topping. The fish was divine! I could have eaten another piece. No room for dessert but had a really nice coffee. Overall I enjoyed the whole experience and the view was a bonus in such a lovely afternoon. I would definitely go back when I'm in Port again.

“Hot and cold Seafood Platter... Hot and Cold staff... What an insult and major disappointment .”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We ordered a seafood platter for two. What a joke. The lobster was missing the middle flesh, the chef had cut it up and scattered it over leaves inside the shell. It also tasted like the fridge. The salad had a few flakes of salmon 2 prawns and 1 scollop, lifeless and no taste. When I mentioned this to the waitress she said no the chef wouldn't do that. Well clearly he had. He also forgot to add the crab claws, when I mentioned this to the waitress she had a very cold reaction and went and collected the claws. Basically all the food tasted old, the salad limp, the only exception was the chips and salt and pepper squid.. We also left feeling hungry. I have never ever in my 20 odd years of feasting on a seafood platter felt hungry. A waste of $130. Don't waste your time, money or hunger pains! Miserable place miserable food miserable staff!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Worst fish and chips ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My order of fish and chips came with a tiny defrosted watery tasteless piece of fish as big as my palm. It was gone in 4 bites. The rest of the box was full of soggy chips. An absolute rip-off. This is the first review I've ever written but I was so appalled I felt compelled.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Avoid this restaurant at all costs!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The restaurants value for money is appalling!!! Too expensive for what you get! The service was terrible and the food took a long time to arrive when there was only 4 other tables in the restaurant and we only ordered salads. Save your money

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Appetising menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Had a beautiful dinner here with two work colleagues. The food was fresh and a great specials menu made it very hard to choose. Service was okay, a little slow with the drinks but overall was a very pleasant dining experience.

• Visited November 2012