“The BEST restaurant out!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Romance, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Absolute waterfront dining with magnificent views, stunning food & great service. A quiet and peaceful atmosphere ideal for a romantic dinner for 2 a large party of 60 or a conference or training session. Fully licenced bar and lounge area with Karaoke and Outside grassed area for dining.
Port Macquarie, Australia
“The BEST restaurant out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Mykonos in Port Macquarie has the perfect location overlooking the river, the best seafood we have EVER eaten and the hostess is brilliant. We highly recommend this restaurant for either lunch, quick or leisurely (preferably leisurely) or dinner for two or many - it is perfectly set for almost any number of people. at night, if you are lucky, you may be a sling or two from the hostess!
The entree, main and dessert are always stunning, but the calamari is to die for!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Great venue, food & entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been here for a business women's function, dinner with family and recently a wedding.

Great location and views, food was delicious, staff lovely and the owner singing was great - she is very talented.

I look forward to returning & recommend to all!

Visited November 2013
Port Macquarie, Australia
“A Hairy Experience!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Look, as an Aussie, I don't expect too much when it comes to service. Give me a friendly smile and show some enthusiasm and knowledge about the menu and I'm happy. Even so, my friend and I just laughed when our stony faced waitress looked at us like we were aliens when we asked about the most popular dishes. The lovely views and rustic atmosphere more than made up for that, however, and our wine from the quite extensive and reasonably priced list tasted all the better for these.

The food, when it arrived, was good. The Veal Gamberi was tasty, although at $27 a plate I expect veges too - my friend refused to order these as a $6 side, rightly claiming it would blow the price out to $33 for a good (but not great) meal. The Seafood Marinara, a stew rather than a pasta dish, was generously full of mussels, prawns and calamari and fish (mostly frozen but excellent value at $23) in a subtly spicy tomato sauce and served with bread to mop it up. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal until the last mouthful revealed a fine black hair at the bottom of my bowl. Ergh! Psychological or not, I began to feel slightly ill.

Now, I have let a few hairs through in the past, mainly because the staff have been so fantastic about it and because I am more than aware that it not a deliberate desire to wrap something icky around my epiglottis. Sometimes I haven't even told them. When I did say something, I usually received a sincere apology and/or some sort of compensation, ranging from a free drink or dessert to a free meal if I returned. The response from the (rather more friendly) waiter was, "Oh. Sorry about that. I'll tell them." That was it. No apology from the chef and certainly no other gesture of apology.

When we left (after paying full price), I felt cheated, like I had paid for the privilege of eating the chef's hair. I still feel cranky about it three days later. A little soothing of my ruffled feathers (or hairy throat) and I wouldn't have felt moved to write this review at all.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Average and that's all I can say”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We went there on a Saturday and were so looking forward to the lovely location and some great Greek food. Entree was badly prepped but tasty. Mains on the other hand were tasteless and poorly prepped. My mussels still had beards and were so tiny and most were missing. The prawns were fresh but tasteless in the bland sauce. On complaining they could not have cared less and we were not offered anything in regards to the complaint. Extremely disappointed.

Visited October 2013
Malua Bay, Australia
“Four out of five meals were very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Five of us had dinner at the Mykonos last night. We arrived at 6 pm to a warm welcome by the young waitress. We were seated on the verandah with plastic over the windows to keep out the wind. The sunset was beautiful and we were very comfortable there. We ordered a lemon lime and bitters ($3.50), a glass of Juliet moscato ($5) for mum (aged 92), and a bottle of Mykonos semillion Chardonnay for us ($16). We shared a trio of dips which came with six pieces of bread and three dips ($9.50). Our friends ordered the flathead fish in batter, chips and salad ($19.50 each). They enjoyed their meals and commented that the oil was fresh so the fish and chips were not oily. Their verdict delicious. I asked the waitress if the veal was tender. She went to the kitchen to ask, and came back saying that it was tender. So mum ordered the Veal Gamberoni, ($27) which came with good mash and two prawns. She scraped her plate clean (unusual for her because she is a small eater) and declared her meal excellent. On reading a previous comment about the Greek lamb strap served with water melon, I decided to have that ($27). And I was not disappointed. An unusual combination but it worked well. Also the lamb was slightly pink. All excellent. Now for the disappointment. My husband ordered the seafood marinara ($26), which he thought would be a pasta marinara. It was a plate of marinara which would have been ok, but it came out luke warm. He did not say anything until we got home. I would have asked for it to be heated. He also said the little octopus were very chewy. A disappointment. The restaurant was quite full, with a large birthday party. We were going to order the dessert but did not see the waitress who was very busy. So we paid our bill at the counter and left. On the whole it was an excellent night, but perhaps my husband should read the menu more closely. We would return,

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere