“Top-notch food but concerning reviews...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Romance, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Absolute waterfront dining with magnificent views, stunning food & great service. A quiet and peaceful atmosphere ideal for a romantic dinner for 2 a large party of 60 or a conference or training session. Fully licenced bar and lounge area with Karaoke and Outside grassed area for dining.
Port Fairy, Australia
“Top-notch food but concerning reviews...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

There's two parts to this review.

Firstly, we visited Mykonos on our way out of Port Macquarie while travelling up to Brisbane. We found the place after picking up a flyer in the Visitor Information Centre. It was empty when we arrived which concerned us a bit but with great views over the water we sat down to the best meals we had on our trip. Both the flathead and chips and the chilli prawn pasta were cooked, seasoned and prepared to perfection and the starter (bread and dips) were fresh and delicious. We were questioning why service was taking a while when we realised that the head chef was acting as a sole waiter, which gave the whole thing a nice air of authenticity. The food was great value and the atmosphere and decor were great as well.

So the meal, experience and service were excellent.

HOWEVER, if I had read the reviews on Tripadvisor before choosing a restaruant for lunch I would have skipped right over this one. I'm a manager in the hospitality sector and some of the responses from the owner (I assume it's the owner) to reviews on here are something I'd never get away with/advise. Tripadvisor is a great place to show how much you care about giving great customer service EVEN when the consumer hasn't had an enjoyable experience, but the owner seems more interested in having the last word, taking everything as a personal attack and rejecting any constructive criticism. Granted, a lot of the reviews are flagging things that are petty and minor but there's no excuse for some of the responses I've seen.

It's a huge shame because the head chef, food and location are fantastic. There's plenty of examples on here of how to respond to negative reviews with grace and dignity: I strongly suggest you look some up or risk losing a large chunk of your potential return custom.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newcastle
“Tapas & a Glass of Wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Such friendly people. We were offered assistance to get our elderly Mum up the ramp & comfortably seated. The waiter was attentive at all times & the service was prompt. Mum had the Grilled Fish with Ratatouilee which she totally enjoyed. We chose to have Tapas and especially recommend the Lamb Kofta Meatballs & Dolmades. Wine is sold by bottle or by the glass & is well priced. In fact all the prices are good. A great place to sit & relax for Tapas & wine overlooking the river. It is so quiet & relaxing.

Visited March 2013
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I decided to try this restaurant. Michael the head chef was very obliging. He told us of his vision for this restaurant and his plans. The food was great, the wine was not overpriced, all in all had a very pleasant experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A great disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Never been treated so rudely or aggressively in all my life. The food was acceptable but the staff rude, uncooperative and nasty. I will never go there again and I not other people have made similar criticism.Apparently the staff take no notice os customers or their feedback.
The location is great and could be a pleasant dinner if the staff wasn't aggressive and insulting

Marianne B, Owner at Mykonos Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
You were unable to finish your meal you told me that u had enjoyed your meal and thought the restaurant was lovely when you asked to take away what was left on your plate I advised you that due to OH&S regulations we were unable to do that. You told me you were a DR i would have thought you would understand this. You became aggressive and said you would not pay the bill and you would bad mouth the restaurant all because I would not allow you to take food away.you said other restaurants let you is this after you threaten them as well? I even took the $28 off the bill for a meal there was nothing wrong with. I had sent $20 vouchers out to some DRs to try to get them to try our restaurant you had one of these as well and you still tried to get s free meal I'm disgusted with the attitude of people who try to bully the hospitality industry with threats of putting bad reviews on trip advisor for no good reason except to get something for nothing At not time was I rude to or aggressive other customers comment on how rude you were. If we have done something wrong we will admit to it and fix the problem.
Sydney, Australia
“Great Seafood Platter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you love seafood then this Greek Restairant is the place to come to as the seafood was so fresh and such great value and the service was also good

Visited February 2013
Thank you we look forward to seeing you again soon