“Awful service, mediocre food” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Oishii (Japanese & Thai)

Oishii (Japanese & Thai)
Ranked #22 of 52 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Awful service, mediocre food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

A party of 12, we went for dinner, and although it was not too busy, we opted to sit and eat outside. The order was placed, eventually, and then the long wait came. There was an interval of 35 minutes between the 1st person being served their main course and the last receiving their's, despite repeated polite pleas for better service.
Not every dish was eventually served, despite being on the bill, and not every dish was particularly pleasant. What it would have been like if they were busy, we shuddered to think.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Underwhelming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We arrived early in the evening, when the restaurant was not especially busy. Service was polite but not especially attentive. Our starters - satay chicken skewers and curry puffs - were good but not spectacular. Our mains were more disappointing; my wife's beef Massaman curry tasted burnt, and my duck Penang curry fell short of my hopes.
Also, a tip for the wait staff: If you're going to take my credit card to the register, then come back and ask me to accompany you to enter my PIN, make sure you've already run my card rather than wasting my time on a return trip to my table because you finally realize mine is not a card brand you accept.

Sydney, Australia
“yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

very yummy, love this little place it has a mix of Asian cuisine and is a nice change from all the modern Australian food places all over the hunter.

Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Dont Bother!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This restaurant boasts Modern Japanese and Thai Dining, although it was of a cheap average Thai takeaway shop standard. The food was not what you would expect from a restaurant situated next door to the famous Tempus Two Cellar Door!
We made a booking, when we got there, we ignored for about 10 minutes before we were ushered inside to be seated amongst the noisy crowd of people although there was an empty table outside over looking the vineyards, which when asking our waiter if it was possible that we sit out there instead, we were met with an eye roll and the complaint that "she would have to clean that table first" and then very clearly unimpressed walked off in a huff.
After that, its sad to say, it didn't get much better - we waited 20 minutes to be given menus, our entree's did not come at the same time, its just lucky my husband and I are the sharing type or one of us would of been left hungry whilst watching the other eat, after 40 minutes of waiting for our mains, only mine came out, they had forgotten my husbands mains and tried to tell us we had not ordered anything else.... at that point we left and went next door to Goldfish to get my husband some dinner, and whilst there were met with lovely staff, great cocktails and a table outside right in front of some great live music.

At first i thought it was a little odd that a restaurant asks you to pay before they give the kitchen your order, but after that experience, I can see now that they have probably had that many people leave with out paying that they now require payment upfront!

Will not be returning to this restraint again!

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pokolbin, Australia
“Oishii-Licious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

One of my favourite local restaurants. Great atmosphere, and the food has always been consistently brilliant.

Visited January 2014