“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Door Health Retreat Elysia

You added Golden Door Health Retreat Elysia to your Saves list
Golden Door Health Retreat Elysia
3.0 of 5 Spa   |   165 Thompsons Road, Pokolbin, New South Wales 2320, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Save 20% OFF
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This visit was my first stay at the Golden door and it wont be my last. The staff are amazing. They are friendly, motivating and very knowledgeable about all aspects of wellness. I have a few strange movement issues which the staff were fantastic about and helped me cater the exercise to what I needed to do and were understanding of my situation. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and am hoping to return next year.

If you are going to do anything for yourself this year, Go and replenish your batteries at the golden door, you will never look back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

My friends and I went to the Spa last weekend and had an amazing time. We all had treatments which were outstanding. My massage was with Cara, however, I found out the day before I was pregant so Cara tailored a head massage especially for me (I was due to have a deep tissue massage). She was brilliant about changing the treatment at the very last minute and I was very happy with the head massage that she gave me.

The views were amazing over the vineyards and all the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

My friends and I will definately be going back and would highly reccommend the Golden Door to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This visit was my first experience of the Golden Door Health retreat and spa. I will defiantly be going back with my husband. The staff were very friendly and nothing was a problem for them. The whole place was well organized and you can do as much or as little as you wish. I was here for 5 days and would like to have stayed longer. The food was very good and more than enough. I would recommend the Golden Door Elysia to anyone. Also I lost 2 kg. Very nice. Lesley Wood

Room Tip: My daughter and I shared a two bedroom villa. Perfect. We each had our own bathroom with a great b...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Merimbula, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

An amazing week with life-changing results! Not only fabulous accommodation, food, seminars, activity, massages and pampering but a fantastic team who could motivationally move mountains! I loved every minute and hope to go for fourth visit next year.

Room Tip: All the accommodation is first class.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Simply incredible, cannot rate highly enough! The staff were absolutely phenomenal, the food was delicious yet completely healthy. Accommodation was private, quiet, safe with breathtaking views. Daily programs and activities were diverse and fun. Spa amenities were relaxing and perfect. You will not regret your visit here, am already saving for my next trip here. I'm so relaxed, revitalized, motivated and my
Health is getting back on track!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I visited for a 5 day stay in January and found the staff enthusiastic and fun. Discovered some new ways of feeling good and getting fit- especially the Deep Water Running classes which were great and the Salsa dancing class. Food was tasty and actually bigger quantities than I would normally eat at home but much more nutritious. Evening activities varied but Games night especially fun. Rooms were comfortable and well serviced- no trouble to change sheets when requested.
Best of all, I have not drunk coffee or alcohol since I returned and miss neither!

Room Tip: All villas had a great view and not far to walk from any room to facilities.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

A big thank you to the experienced, professional and caring staff at the Golden Door Elyssia. We loved that they took time to show and encourage us throughout the varied program . We realised the importance of breathing ,moving and taking time out for yourself. Fantastic programme, first class accommodation and we looked forward to what was on the menu at each meal!
The best 7 days of our lives, we left feeling energised , relaxed , with a new outlook on life.

Room Tip: Villa 17 and 19 , great views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Door Health Retreat Elysia? Share your experiences!