“One week made me as relaxed as three” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
sydney
“One week made me as relaxed as three”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This has to be one of Australia's best kept secrets! Elysia is breathtakingly beautiful but the best thing about the place is the staff and the sense of wellbeing they engender during your stay. Sure, you won't be getting unhealthy food here and you have to banish the coffee and alcohol, but you definitely feel better for it. By the end of the week, I wanted to stay longer.
The activities like yoga, meditation and tai chi were fantastic but the spa treatments were even better. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to "cram in" some relaxation time and kickstart a healthier way of life.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Once I pushed opened the lovely big Golden Door I knew I was in the right place for one of the most amazing weeks of my life !

A week later and I was not wrong. I found Gold everywhere in the form of the professional yet friendly and relaxed staff (with a nice amount of fun), the highly motivational Wellness and PE team - you are all Gold ! The consult/ therapy team - also Gold with a special wow to Sonya ! Gorgeous location. Spa treatments also sensational. Food was superb (even for a carnivore), as where all the activities and seminars.

The most important piece of Gold I found again this week though was ME and I have the total Golden Door experience to thank for that.

If you are reading this, don't hesitate in booking.
The Golden Door is a must have investment in your life.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My Best Friend recommended I come here when I told her that my 3yr relationship had ended (not by me). I couldn't breath & I had been working 90 - 100 hours weeks which componded to my emotional state. It was the best thing I could have ever given myself and would have cancelled my trip to Europe to stay another week had I known I would have enjoyed it so much. All of the people that worked there from the Resturant, Spa, Wellbeing & Training Staff are fantastic. Food is fabulous, everyone on staff truly love their job, more then I have ever seen before. To be able to exercise as much (that was me) or as little as you want, to seek guidence through - Life Balance &/or Hypnotherepy (me), no matter what you want it has it for you. The Trainers are hard, fair & compassionate, they get to know each of you and work with you to acheive your goals. Whether it is Tai Chi, Water Running, Walking, Gym Intervals, Yoga, Meditation,etc, or Sessions on Metabolism, Nutrition, Building Resistance (stress related), Movement Matters, etc, everything is a building block to help you deal with what goes on back in your own world. I came back with some great skills to help me cope, as well as some great friendships. I intend to go back each year to continue feeling the harmony within I'm currently experiencing thanks to the wonderful Wellbeing Staff & Trainers. If you have an allergy &/or dietary needs, please make sure you advise the staff at the time of your Wellbeing Consultation it will only enhence your experience. The facilities are fantastic & the rooms are large enough not to be in each other pockets if you are sharing, it going solo like me, not too large that you feel alone. Sorry I just cannot speak highly enough of a week that truly has saved my mental & emotional being. My recommendation is if you are looking for a 3 day break of relaxation I would go from Friday as the weekend is a little less hectic, if not I would go for 3 days during the week. Whatever you pick I'm sure you will enjoy. It is worth every penny.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

After a very stressful year I had planned a week at Golden Door for several months prior. It did not disappoint. Ther personal service offered by all staff was fantastic. They all did genuinely care. I found that any requested changes were happy to be accommodated also. I fell ill during my stay and the nurse in the Wellness Centre was just fantastic - couldn't have done enough to help me, as did the General Manager. The rooms are great - beds super comfortable,the kitchenette perfectly suitable for making lovely Golden Door teas and the bathroom was just luxurious. The turn down service and oil burner every night was lovely. The multitidue of activities on offer were a perfect mix of physical and gentle exercise and offered a good variety. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable, relaxing, nourishing experience and one I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Was looking forward to our relaxing Spa treatment at The Golden Door and it didn't disappoint! We were staying next door at The Cypress Lakes Resort and got there early as advised so we could enjoy a swim, steam and Spa. The facility there is fantastic. I had a facial and it was lovely with attention to the needs of my skin. The staff were very friendly and professional. Can't wait to go back but I think next time I will stay at the Golden Door!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Where to start? As soon as I was off th plane and into the shuttle bus to the magnificent property I was in awe of the beautiful scenery. Then as I walked through the big Golden Door at the entrance I was immediately and continuously spoilt. The reception girls were very helpful and insightful about anything I needed to know. I was then shown through to my taken to my villa which was breath-taking. I didn't expect the big bathrooms with a big bathtub to soak my tired muscles and I certainly wasn't prepared for the view!

Every night when I came back from dinner, there was a sheet for the next days activities as well as a candle burning next to the bath and my bed turned down ready for a big sleep, this was very much appreciated after days full of energetic activities and hugely helpful and informative seminars. I never really even saw the "fairies" who would come around whilst I was out and perfectly fold new towels and place a white robe in the cupboard and make my bed for me. I still expect them to come out and I'm back at home.

The food was incredible and matched the service, the staff in the kitchen were happy to chat and talk about any recipes I was keen on learning about. I was never hungry except on my first night and the lovely girls in the kitchen gave me some nuts to take back to my room. Wednesday night dessert was just sooooo good! The cooking demonstration on Wednesday afternoon was great too with Corryne and Bec showing us and explaining to all the very eager listeners tips and tricks for in the kitchen back at home. The chefs were continuously asked during my stay for advice and recipes from the dinner and would always make time to step out of the kitchen and come and talk with us and give away some secrets which we all loved!

The staff for the activities during the day were just full of energy and these had great big genuine smiles. They were this way from 6:30am for Tai Chi on top of Meditation Hill and they were still this way at 7pm at night for the activities after dinner. I could not have had more inspiring, motivating, life changing and just a blissfully fresh group of people to coach and guide me through the week.

The girls in the spa were amazing, soft voices, beautifully placed lavender eye pillows, made me feel very comfortable throughout my treatment, the temperature of the room and my comfort level was always their main prioity. I just felt like I was the only person in the spa at the time, it was truly an incredible and relaxing experience.

Overall, I will be back! I cannot imagine how my experience could have been any better. The guests, the staff, the food, the views, the activities, the hikes, the morning tai chi, the Deep Water running, the games night, the seminars, the morning walks... I could go on and on.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view as the villas work in a circular shape, so you are able to see all aroun...