“AMAZING!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Muse Restaurant

Muse Restaurant
2450 Broke Road, Pokolbin, New South Wales 2320, Australia (Formerly Muse Restaurant & Cafe)
02 4998 6777
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Muse prides itself in providing superior contemporary Australian cuisine and professional and friendly service in a world class setting.At Muse, it’s not about dinner – it’s about dining.
“AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We had heard that Muse was the place to go for fine dining while in the Hunter Region. We got onto the area late, around 6pm and rang to see if we could get in. Fortunately we could, which apparently doesn't happen often as its normally booked out....
The service from walking up the front steps right through to walking back down the steps after dining was perfection. The food was beautiful and the wine matched just as beautifully.
Definitely recommended!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Caloundra, Australia
“tricked into cafe dining when we wanted the restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

when I rang to book the restaurant for 3 to eat on a Saturday at lunchtime, had they told me it was café dining only for lunchtime service I would have gone elsewhere. It was a cold autumn day, and even though the fireplace was set, it wasn't going - so the atmosphere was quite drab - looking at the drizzly weather outside. When there is sooooo many other good eating houses in this district, you would expect every effort to be made to make diners as comfortable as possible.
We skipped entrée and went straight to mains, which were very nice, but we thought the menu quite limited. Service was great, and should be given the café pricing. We were treated to a tasting plate of itsy bitsy desserts, after explaining to our waitress that we were disappointed we were not told we would be in the café when we booked. Had we wanted to sit next to a large table with 3 noisy children we could've eaten at Macca's for the same experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, Australia
“Good but super pricey.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

It was a spur of the moment decision to go out to dinner.
We chose Muse because of the good reviews.
It was good food. Service was relatively friendly.
Quite expensive though. You may need to save to go out for dinner here.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing food! Loved every minute!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My partner & I dined here during a weekend away at the Hunter. We had heard great reviews and were eager to try ourselves. We had the three course meal and were completely stuffed by the end! Everything from the service, the food, to the wonderful atmosphere made for the most beautiful evening. The portions were perfect and everything we ate was beautiful. I had the venison and I highly recommend - it melted it my mouth! For the quality and service you receive, I think it is well priced for such a fine experience. I will definitely be coming back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Top class restaurant, well presented and very tasty food with excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I ended up here after my booked restaurant could not open and recommended Muse...so I had no expectations. It was, in short, excellent. Two of us had the degustation menu (chose our own wines) and it was a feast for both the eyes and the palate. Superb flavours in every dish.. It is not a cheap and cheerful experience but the quality ranks right up there with the best and you should expect to pay for that. I will be back in a shot. Lovely big raging fire added atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere