“Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 52 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enzo warmly welcomes you to our charming sandstone restaurant. . . As the story goes, 'enzo' have been established since 1996, yes one of the original cafes in wine country pokolbin! When there were dirt roads 'n stuff! We are historically known for our alfresco dining and 7 days trade throughout our years! And now proud to extend that with introducing Friday and Saturday dinners - that's how much we love what we do! Over the years this once upon a time homestead, home to the Irelands, has expanded and evolved and become home to enzo. Original fittings of the kitchen areas and fireplace still remain untouched. Hand cut sandstone, laid by hand, and the hardwood beams from the wharf of sydney harbour, create the lived-in feel that people return for. We welcome you to our home of dining, celebrating and good times, and ask you to continue to share with us. Enjoy!
Katoomba, Australia
“Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Had a big hearty English breakfast. Very tasty. Good service. Loved the drinks served on Little Golden books. Very cute and took us back to our youth.

“Puzzled”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

From past visits, Cafe Enzo makes very good scones and coffee. It was one of the first places we wanted to return to on our recent visit to the Hunter. It was a surprise to find that at 1pm, they were booked out - especially since there were any number of empty tables. We were offered takeaway coffees. It was strange that we could take coffee away but weren't able to sit at one of the tables. Obviously they didn't need our custom.

Sydney, Australia
“Recommended depending on time of visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We visited Cafe Enzo for a late breakfast at 11.30. They kindly let us order from the breakfast menu which finished at 11 and the food was lovely (bacon and egg roll, eggs Benedict) and came out very fast. We were so impressed we came back for lunch the same day for a wagyu beef burger and linguini. Tasty, and they let us order at 3.02 just a few minutes after the lunch menu ended.
We attempted to come back for breakfast the next day but were turned down at 11 which was a shame. I guess it depends who you speak to or how good you are at sweet talking!

Sydney, Australia
“Good food but a long wait!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Whenever we come to the Hunter Valley, the first place we always go to for lunch is Cafe Enzo as it has always served beautiful food and had great service.
We arrived without a booking but they were happy to seat us inside in the air conditioned room as it was 40 degrees outside. The cafe didn't fill up at all whilst we were there even though it was a peak time in the Hunter Valley.
Every other time, the food has always come out at a reasonable time but this time around, it took almost an hour! I noticed about 3 tables that came in after us got their food before us. When we questioned it, the wait staff said that is may be been because I had asked for my meat pattie for my burger to be cooked through (as I am pregnant) I don't think this was an acceptable excuse considering 3 other tables got their food before us. Considering the bill was over $100, I would expect an apology for the delay but we never received one. It may have not been their fault that the food was delayed but customers are generally o.k if there is an apology! I would recommend Cafe Enzo for the quality of food and I would go back again, however I will remember not to visit during peak periods in the Hunter Valley!

Wellington, New Zealand
“Yummy brekky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

A wonderful country restaurant to relax indoor or outdoor in the sun under umbrellas. Great for lunch or Breakfast. I've only ever had breakfast or just coffee & a slice of their delicious banana & walnut loaf. My breakfast choice is always their vego board - not that I'm a vegetarian! I just love how it's displayed out & what's on the board... poached eggs, asparagus, binnorie feta, avocado, roast cherry tomatoes, pistachio red pesto, served with sour dough. Just yum!!! The coffee is real good too

• Visited December 2013