What can I say? This place meets and exceeds all expectations that you might have on a weekend break in the wine region. We were a group of ten thirty-somethings (plus mamma all the way from Italy) and we booked the two cottages. My highlights:
1. The cottages are immaculately appointed. They have got character, they are large, they are clean, they contain everything you need: from a proper coffee machine to a fireplace for those winter getaways, top quality local stuff for breaky, cheese and wine on arrival, verandas with BBQ, port and chocolate and more.
2. The owner Bobby is delightful. She is friendly but not intrusive, efficient, helpful and just utterly pleasant. She helped us organize a wine tour and gave us top tips on local restaurants (real gastro heavens if you are foodies...check out my other reviews on the area).
3. The place is perfectly located for wine/chocolate/olive oil/cheese and any other type of indulgence tasting in the area. It is easy to reach from Sydney (about 160km).
4. There are quite a few amenities such as pool, golf course, gardens.
All in all this was a magical weekend and I will be back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Splinters Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Splinters Hotel Pokolbin
- Splinters Guest House Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin