Such a shame that a place with the best location in the Hunter Valley was such a disappointment. We made a decisin to stay at the Leisure Inn based on previous comments on Tripadviser but we had a completely different experience to the previous good comments. We stayed on a busy weekend, but surely it wasn't the only busy weekend they've ever had. The restaurant was awful, over priced and the food was nothing speacial, and the service was lacklustre and at times the place was chaotic. Previous reviews had raved about the grounds but we found them to be in need of attention. The older lady at reception was the only staff member we came across who was actually pleasant. Our villa was only just clean (hairs in the bathroom sink, crumbs on the kitchen benchtop, dust on the table) and we heard the cleaners use the F word several times in our hearing. Our neighbours had a problem with lights not working that were not fixed. The people at one of the wineries told us that the hotel had a great manager who ran the place really well, but he left recently and they're struggling to keep up the standard. I suggest you give this place a miss until they improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill is a picturesque retreat set on 25 acres of tranquility in the heart of the Hunter Valley Wine Country. With many cellar doors and attractions such as Hunter Valley Gardens within easy strolling distance, Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill is the unbeatable location to base yourself.Marvel at the truly stunning views over local vineyards and Brokenback Ridge – you might even enjoy a visit from the local native fauna and birdlife. This picturesque backdrop is the perfect setting for a relaxing and peaceful stay in the Hunter Valley. Self-contained Studio, One and Two Bedroom Villas. Take some time-out in our air-conditioned studio, one or two bedroom apartments sprawled across the landscaped gardens of the property. All apartments feature private patios looking out to the 25 acres of peaceful hotel grounds and vineyards. To enhance your stay at Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill, our Superior Rooms have been upgraded with new beds, LCD TVs, WiFi access, modern kitchen and bathroom fittings and soft furnishings. The perfect way to finish a great day of wine tasting and sightseeing is to sit back on your veranda and with a cheese platter and glass of wine or sink down and relax in your in-room spa tub. Take a stroll to the local restaurants or cook a romantic meal (full kitchen facilities available in one and two bedroom apartments). Guests are also welcome to relax by the hotel’s outdoor heated swimming pool, play a game of tennis, or have a BBQ in our undercover BBQ area surrounded by lush gardens. Guests can awake to a delicious breakfast or relax over a superbly prepared meal served at the onsite cafe & restaurant (under new management). Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill is the ideal location for a romantic break or a trip with friends and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill Hotel Pokolbin
- Pokolbin Hill Chateau
- Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill Greater Newcastle