“A disappointment” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill

You added Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill to your Saves list
Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Cnr Broke and McDonalds Roads, Pokolbin, New South Wales 2320, Australia   |
“A disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Such a shame that a place with the best location in the Hunter Valley was such a disappointment. We made a decisin to stay at the Leisure Inn based on previous comments on Tripadviser but we had a completely different experience to the previous good comments. We stayed on a busy weekend, but surely it wasn't the only busy weekend they've ever had. The restaurant was awful, over priced and the food was nothing speacial, and the service was lacklustre and at times the place was chaotic. Previous reviews had raved about the grounds but we found them to be in need of attention. The older lady at reception was the only staff member we came across who was actually pleasant. Our villa was only just clean (hairs in the bathroom sink, crumbs on the kitchen benchtop, dust on the table) and we heard the cleaners use the F word several times in our hearing. Our neighbours had a problem with lights not working that were not fixed. The people at one of the wineries told us that the hotel had a great manager who ran the place really well, but he left recently and they're struggling to keep up the standard. I suggest you give this place a miss until they improve.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Sandy M

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I can assure you that we are taking your feedback very seriously and I am currently working with all departments to ensure your issues are being addressed.
I would love to invite you back at a time suitable to you to show you how much we have improved and are getting to go from strength to strength.
Please contact me at the resort when you can and I would handle your booking personally.
Thank you again for passing on this feedback.
Leisure Inn Pokolbin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Room so small the bedside table was in wardrobe. Breakfast service abysmal. Food was ok but never replenished unless you asked and staff were never that approachable. On arrival at breakfast 4 staff were trying to correct an error on register while the queue got longer. I will never stay there again. We were there for a winery wedding and a number of the guest had the sane issues.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear BoisduSydney

Thank you for your recent review on your stay with us.
I am sorry that the room is small but in checking your reservation you did book a studio room and our studio rooms are like most hotels with studios the smaller of the rooms that we offer. There was a bed side set of drawers beside your bed, the one in the wardrobe was part of the wardrobe to provide drawers as well as hanging space.
With regards to what you encountered with our restaurant. I can only acknowledge that we did have some problems over the weekend and as a result have begun a complete refurbishment of the restaurant and re-training of all staff.
Your feedback has allowed us to really look at how we are doing things and rest assured changes have already been made for the better.
General Manager, Leisure Inn Spires
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband an I have been coming here every two months for a weekend break . We have noticed a lot of positive changes which made our stay more enjoyable . The service seems better an staff seem to care more an enjoy there job.
We have started dining in the restaurant due to the new menu an chef they have . Thank you for a lovely stay. Staff are great an management should keep up the good work. See you again soon.

• Stayed November 2013
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Llyynn747
Thank you for your review posted recently on trip advisor. Your review was very kind and the staff all appreciated receiving your feedback. I have recently taken over as the new General Manager for the property and we are working at not improving all services but looking at introducing new measures which allows our guests to have an even better stay.
I look forward to welcoming you when next you choose to return to Leisure Inn Pokolbin.
Leisure Inn Pokolbin
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

It was such a shame to be met by unsmiling staff when we pulled in here. Everyone had their heads down and were obviously busy behind the counter. We paid the balance of our acm and we were handed the receipt, but I had to ask for the full account to be printed. I then queried the receptionist about a couple of things on the account that we were charged for and there was no comment made. We stayed for 3 nights and got breakfast for 2 - which I do not remember even saying we would take the breakfast option - and when I phoned them twice, 3 weeks before our arrival, to say there would be one less person coming, we were still charged for the bed to be made up…even when I queried this again, there was no response. I then phoned the afternoon before we left to query the account again, and after I told the receptionist the problem, she then told me she would have to phone back because there was a bus load of people who had just arrived. I'M STILL WAITING to be called back….. I now feel this is the way they run the resort and can't be bothered with any sort of queries or dealing with problems. It would have been nice to be greeted in a friendly and welcoming manner, so we won't bother with this place again, we'll go back to Peppers where they really know how to treat their paying guests.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pami
Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor and I am sorry to hear that this occur in the level of service you experienced.
This is certainly out of character for our front desk team and this is not normally how enquiries are handled.
I can assure you that not returning your call or following up was human error and it was not our intention to not call you back.
I do apologise and am happy to discuss this with you further if you could please phone me at the hotel.
General Manager, Leisure Inn Pokolbin
Dapto, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here on a number of occasions and love the location, staff and standard of the accomodation.
The studio room that we have booked is just perfect for a couple, we have a separate bedroom , tidy functional kitchen , private verandah , amazing views. We always bring along supplies and utilise the barbe que area near the pool.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Judy G
Thank you for your lovely review on trip advisor. It made our day sharing your review with all the staff and we would love to welcome you back again when next you choose to visit the Hunter Valley.
Leisure Inn Pokolbin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I dealt with the loveliest people in the hospitality game that I have in a long time.
I was taken back with how genuine they were and willing to help.
Wayne at the Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill went above and beyond.
The short story is my contracted wedding accommodation has been cancelled due to a sale of the property. This all came four months out from my wedding and on a Bruce Springsteen concert weekend also, so all accommodation is exhausted. Leaving myself, my husband to be, the bridal party and our immediate family all in the lurch for accommodation putting my wedding plans into turmoil. Ken the owner of Tempus Two and Peppers Creek got involved through a friend of a friend and rung around for me. Which all lead to Wayne calling me after his work hours to try and look for accommodation for us all. .
My fiancé and I were completely blown away with the generosity and sympathies of everyone we dealt with yesterday.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Having visited the Hunter many times, we decided the have a stopover when returning to Sydney from our camping trip to the New England Area. A quick search found Leisure Inn, and what a find. Right in the heart of the wineries, most within walking distance, and across the road the Hunter Valley Gardens. We had a studio room which was great, very clean with all you could want...further questioning of staff informed us that the studio is attached to the 1 bedroom bungalow .... great for a couple to explore the region at a great price. Will definitely be back, and this time with another couple to savior the wines, and the hospitality of Leisure Inn Pokolbin

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Alanflavel2784
Thank you for your recent review. It was pleasing to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you again when next you choose to stay with us.
Anthony Phillips

Been to Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill? Share your experiences!