“Better than expected!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boy-O-Boy - CLOSED

Boy-O-Boy
Tempus Two Winery | Corner Broke and McDonalds Road, Pokolbin, New South Wales 2320, Australia
02-49986980
Dining options: Reservations
Wilmington, Delaware
“Better than expected!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Chose this restaurant based on reviews on tripadvisor. The reviews were somewhat mixed but being a Monday night options were somewhat limited. We could not have been more satisfied with our meal . It is rare for me to be so impressed with every course. We shared a corn, Parmesan risotto for entree. I could have had that as my meal. Next course lamb...delicious. Decided we couldn't go wrong with desert...and it also was exceptional. Overall great dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Savannah, Georgia
“WOW, best meal on our trip to the Valley. WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

These guys have really got the food game figured out. I dont normally rave like this over a restaurant but we were totally blown away by this meal. Worth every penny. This is a very small restaurant in a cool area and the food is incredible. 6 stars if I could.

Visited January 2013
Hunter Valley, NSW
“Finally!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Finally a casual atmosphere restaurant with superb food in the wine region. The decor is fresh and modern, but intimate thankyou to its size. The staff are friendly without visiting the table constantly. The food is non-conventional and tastes divine. The zucchini flowers were presently differently to what is now the norm, served in a vibrant pea broth style liquid with some finely sliced scallop. Corn risotto topped with popcorn is not what you would normally expect but very very tasty. French-style sausage is worth the price, and is served with an array of accompaniments.

On the downside, there is a limited menu, and with the chefs' abilities I would have liked to see more on offer or atleast some specials.. The seats are also a little industrialised and uncomfortable to sit in, and the LCD monitor takes away from the atmosphere..

Bottom line, be prepared to pay a little more, but expect reliable service, great food, and no delays in serving. Dont feel the need to dress to the aboslute nines just to enjoy a fabulous feast unlike some other establishments in the area.

I will be making this one of my HV regulars...

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Terrigal, Australia
“Best meal of our Hunter weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were recommended to try this restaurant by 'John the Pom' of Peterson's on the hill. It was a sunday night and having been in the Hunter since Friday lunchtime we were nearly food and wined out but we are so glad we made the effort. The sweetcorn risotto was one of the best I've had, we also had a 63 degree egg and a barramundi carpaccio. We savoured every mouthful. For main the Snapper en papillote was beautifully cooked and accompanied by a potato foam in a glass made with a soda siphon (i think). Delicious. A couple of us had Milly HIll Lamb also with the potato. We tried the smoked salad, an amazing idea we'd never tried before. Loved it. We tried all the desserts on offer. The pineapple ravioli with pannacotta sorbet was my personal favourite but the chocolate fondant and the blood orange sorbet disappeared in a flash too. You can see the chef at work here and the service is charming.The restaurant is tiny so book if you can. You can byo with $8 corkage. I can't wait to go back soon.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Pricey but excellent food and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had some amazing food here, the french waitress was very nice and the wine was good. I had corn risotto for entree, shared with my wife who had 63 degree egg and mushroom soup, both different but very nice. I had steak with potato froth, my wife had snapper which the kindly removed the skin from for main were both cooked perfectly and delicious, dessert was chocolate soufflé with passionfruit sorbet and ice cream, again lovely. The menu changes weekly I believe, but if you are looking for a nice, intimate dinner in the Hunter, this place is definitely worth a look.

Visited January 2013