We stayed as part of the groupon deal.
The reception staff where efficient, check in took 5 min if that, our room was easy to get to and was clean, bed was comfortable.
We did the vine tour and then went onto the wine tasting.. Was the first time I had done one and I was stoked. The guys that did it knew their s**t, they knew so much about each and every wine it was awesome! Even after the tasting, we went to the cellar door and they where great for the hour we spent trying to make our minds up on what wines to buy (there was no pressure to buy either). They delivered it to our room, we went over the road and brought some yummy cheeses, sat out on our balcony, ate cheese and drank some wine.
We had dinner at the restaurant saint martinos.. Food was delicious, extremely quick to the table, and we where blown away at the price too.. Very good prices, and good service from restaurant staff also.
We had a few drinks in the brewery bar after dinner. Chatted with other guests, played some pool. Bar staff we great!
I don't know what some people have complained about in other reviews, we had a fantastic time, any trip to anywhere is what you make of it, but we have no complaints about any of it.
We are definately going to go back and do it all again (maybe when this hang over subsides)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you are looking for in the Hunter - all at the one resort...* Onsite daily vineyard tours at 9am* Hunter Wine Theatre daily at 11am and 2pm* Horse & carriage tour* Horse riding* Bluetongue Brewery Cafe * Hunter Valley Wine School * Fantastic food from our San Martino Restaurant * Board games, pool table, 3km walking/jogging track * Heavenly Hunter Massage Centre * Pool, tennis, heated spa, mountain bikes * Wonderful rooms featuring timber cathedral ceilings * Situated within our own 40 year old vineyards * Owned and operated by the Hele family * And within minutes of the resort... 3 championship golf courses including Cypress Lakes and The Vintage, The Hunter Valley Gardens, cafes, restaurants, hot air ballooning, cheese factories, a chocolate factory, antique stores, a whole shopping village, 3 pampering / massage businesses and over 140 wineries to visit! Or if you prefer, just sit back, relax and finish that book you have been promising to do... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hunter Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Resort Pokolbin
- Hunter Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Valley Resort Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin