“My first wine-tasting tour at Mcguigans” 4 of 5 stars
Review of McGuigan Wines

McGuigan Wines
Corner of Broke & McDonalds Roads | PO Box 300, Pokolbin, New South Wales 2325, Australia
02 4998 7402
Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 91 things to do in Pokolbin
Activities: Wine tasting
Manila, Philippines
24 attraction reviews
“My first wine-tasting tour at Mcguigans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We did a cheese and wine tasting tour at Macguigans Winery last February. Mcguigans won the 2011 International Winemaker of the Year. For the cheese tasting portion, we got a pack of crackers and 5 different types of cheese to taste. The lady talked too fast so I wasn’t able to understand what she’s talking about. I only got the portion about one being a cheddar cheese and the other being a marinated one. I love the marinated one but she said it’s not advisable to purchase it if we’re not consuming it immediately.

As for the wine tasting, we have around probably 6 bottles. For a non-wine drinker like me, I love the dessert wine which is very sweet and has a very low alcohol level. Overall, this wine-tasting tour makes my Hunter Valley experience memorable.

Visited February 2013

Savannah, Georgia
71 attraction reviews
“Good wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was an award winning winery when we visited and I can see why, however, we did not purchase anything here as there were a few others that really stood out to us.

Visited January 2013
Qld Australia
27 attraction reviews
“Very nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Wine and cheese combination was just great. Wine tasting experience was good and the staff were knowledgeable. Overall, a very good experience.

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“We loved it here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We were taken to this lovely winery by our guide at Real Sydney Tours and she had organised a special tasting and cheese platter for us in the private tasting room. We were treated royally and we loved the wines and the cheese and learnt so much from our lovely presenter. It was such a wonderful experience that it was hard for the other wineries to match up to the standard. I think because our guide had such a good relationship with McGuigans we were treated to things that the general public would not experience. Whatever the case, it was fabulous

Visited November 2012
Sydney, Australia
16 attraction reviews
“Top class for top of the class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We did some cheese tasting first to get the taste of all the other wines out of our mouth. They were absolutely to die for.Went back later in the day and bought some cheese (yum). Went into the winery and the lady was very helpful with explaining all the different flavours and tastes in the wines we tasted. For such a big name and well known winery they defiinitely run rings around Lindemans. Just missed out on the winery tour so you need to be there no later than 11am.

Visited October 2012