We think the reviews which state this place is dated or shabby appear to be missing the point. The Sebel Kirkiton Park is like an old country manor house situation in perfectly manicured grounds in the heart of pokolbolin.
Rooms are located in wings along an old wooden veradah, which is surrounded by peaceful fountains and manicured grape vines.
Staff are friendly and helpful, price seemed reasonable & location overall is pretty good.
If you are looking for somewhere modern and sleek, this place (and probably the hunter valley) is not for you.
We did not visit the gym or pool but enjoyed a lovely bottle of wine on our verandah (common to all rooms in the block) overlooking local pastures complete with kangaroos.
It would have been nice if the bike rental was free.
The buffet breakfast was satisfactory but not an overly large selection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you are looking for a close but elegant holiday away from the hustle and bustle of the city, we invite you to consider The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley.The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley is less than 2 hours drive from Sydney's CBD in the glorious, panoramic Pokolbin countryside. Featuring an excellent array of meeting, conference and event facilities, this stylish hotel combines the elegance of a bygone era with all the comforts and luxuries of a contemporary lifestyle. This romantic Hunter Valley accommodation is perfect for a couple's weekend away to reconnect, unwind and spend time with the one you love.Set within 70 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and gently rolling grounds with magnificent views over tranquil vineyards and the wineries of the Hunter Valley, The Sebel Kirkton Park offers exceptional accommodation and a superb array of activities for leisure guests, as well as the conference and incentive delegate. Elegant function rooms and stunning scenery make this the ideal venue for stylish wedding receptions.Couples and families will enjoy the manicured gardens, tennis courts and the many facilities at The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley. With 71 beautifully appointed rooms and suites it is the ideal choice for romantic weekends away or time out with the children. There are several Hunter Valley accommodation wedding and weekend getaway packages available as well.The hotel accommodation rooms and suites are spacious and well appointed, majority with ensuite bathrooms, some with individual spa baths, complimentary cookies and tea making facilities, cable television, minibar and all rooms have broadband connectivity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin